PDA

View Full Version : My first attempt

GreyWing
07-09-2007, 08:17 PM
www.barnsleyrent.co.uk and managed to get the admin section as well.

got a few bits to tidy up, and changed it from buying to renting but happy for first attempt and my limited knowledge.

what a cracking system and help you have all given me in getting me moving with this, thanks guys

Cheers again

GreyWing

edtaa
07-10-2007, 04:07 AM
Nice site with lots of interesting bits and pieces and good layout. I'm not totally sold on this type of colour scheme. Lots of real estate sites seem to go for these colours as it does make the site look professional. However, I think there are accessibility issues particularly with the light shades of grey. I'd suggest the outer background colour for the inner section and a darker grey / blue for the outer.

Very good work, though.

Terry

GreyWing
07-10-2007, 02:02 PM
cheers mate,

arh I really wish you hadn't mentioned the colours as my partner has been saying the same for a few weeks.

I best not show him this thread, lol

I'll certainly try what you said for the colour scheme,

thanks for your reply,

Cheers GreyWing

h_man72
07-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Nice and clean site, the colors at least aren't obnoxious, they are understated and natural.

A little issue I have is with the tabbed navigation at the top. The tabs don't come to the forefront so when you click on them at first it seems the link was incorrect. It just seems a little awkward to have a tabbed design when the tabs don't actually work like tabs...

GreyWing
07-10-2007, 07:25 PM
cheers mate, I didn't notice that. I'll get that sorted, it does look like the page hasn't updated.

thanks bud

asnorth
07-12-2007, 04:52 AM
I don't normally comment on site designs but I have to say that that is a really nice looking interface. Did you make the template yourself or customize a commercial one?

Either way, well done!
Tony