PDA

View Full Version : Purchase Script

d8545
01-24-2004, 01:36 PM
Dear Sirs:

I have several real estate companies who are wanting me to put build their web sites. I have looked at many different scripts and have decided on your script.

My question is this. I would like to buy the script and use it without the name listed on each page. I can modify the look of each site so they appear different, but I do not want the other companies knowing I used the same script.

Doing this will help me generate more clients, and put more money in your pocket and mine. I work with many different scripts and all have a setup for this but have not found one on your site, can you please advise on this.

My goal is not to take away from your work by any means, you have done a great job designing this script, but I would like to keep my resources to my self. I have downloaded and learned your script, and do not want to give my competition any edge.

Thank you in advance.

David

frobn
01-24-2004, 03:56 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I suggest that you look up the GPL, general public license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. I am not an expert on it but my understanding is that when everyone contributes something back to the community it improves the program and everyone benefits. You can add value to the program for your own clients and are under no obligation to give your modifications and or improvements back as long as you do not distribute them. Why not tell your clients that you are using an open source realty management program and explain to them that they will be getting the best management program available while saving them money. You are adding value by customizing and modifying it for their business. Open source makes a great selling point when explained and it makes good business sense. IBM is basing their business on open source and the GLP so it should be good enough for a local realty or even national realty company.

Frank

greengiant
01-24-2004, 04:01 PM
The only thing you are required to leave in the pages referencing to open-realty is the hidden html tags. There needs to be no visible reference to open-realty. If you need to remove the hidden html tags contact me at ryan@transparent-tech.com for more information.