PDA

View Full Version : My New OR Site - Thanks to Ryan

carolinagirl
02-09-2004, 10:28 PM
My first offical OR site for a customer is at http://www.ourtownproperties.com . Thank you Ryan and all others in the community for your contributions that made this site possible. I have made a donation to the project and intend to make one for every site I sell!!! All feedback will be greatly appreciated!!

P.S. If anyone thinks they would be interested, the contest portion of the site I put together with part of a GPL. I am going to get it ready for a mod if anyone feels interested.

Paris
02-10-2004, 03:20 AM
Hi,

Very nice job.

If you don't mind me asking which mods did you use?

Thank you.

carolinagirl
02-10-2004, 11:11 AM
I used the users mod for displaying the Realtors, I used the Java image copy of listing view, I used the horizontal with info featured listings mod and the other parts of the website were just customized parts of out of the box OR and GPL's I found for the different applications. On my roll over menu I used CSS with one image to cut down on load time. I also used the mailing list mod, but them I integrated it into a contest GPL I found and added back end database functionality for admin purposes. The forms are ones I put together.

Thanks for you comments!

phpnewbie
02-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Really good work!

:twisted:

frobn
02-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Not everyone has the most recent browser and plugins. If the entry to your site is dependent on having the appropriate plugin then you limit the accessiblity to your site.

Frank

Paris
02-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Hi,

I am still quite new to php and I am struggling on how to remove the Title & Title Image on listing_browse.php. I noticed that you have done that and I was wondering if you would mind and share how you did that?

Thank you.

Anonymous
02-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Nice but the flash movie it starts out with is like on fast forward it goes so fast its hard to read the words and its pretty flashy.....I really like on how when you search for listings, this house Large Master Bedroom, Dining Room, Hardwood Floors Two Story $184,900.00 4 2 has for its main photo a little shed, when i read that desc and saw that tiny little shed thing it made me giggle ;)

http://www.ourtownproperties.com/ls/listing_browse.php

wwobn
02-16-2004, 11:37 AM
My first offical OR site for a customer is at http://www.ourtownproperties.com . Thank you Ryan and all others in the community for your contributions that made this site possible. I have made a donation to the project and intend to make one for every site I sell!!! All feedback will be greatly appreciated!!

P.S. If anyone thinks they would be interested, the contest portion of the site I put together with part of a GPL. I am going to get it ready for a mod if anyone feels interested.

looks great! congrats!

carolinagirl
02-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Nice but the flash movie it starts out with is like on fast forward it goes so fast its hard to read the words and its pretty flashy.....I really like on how when you search for listings, this house Large Master Bedroom, Dining Room, Hardwood Floors Two Story $184,900.00 4 2 has for its main photo a little shed, when i read that desc and saw that tiny little shed thing it made me giggle ;)

http://www.ourtownproperties.com/ls/listing_browse.php

That is the information provided by the local MLS Board. Thanks for the input, They wanted flashy!

carolinagirl
02-18-2004, 02:31 PM
Hi,

I am still quite new to php and I am struggling on how to remove the Title & Title Image on listing_browse.php. I noticed that you have done that and I was wondering if you would mind and share how you did that?

Thank you.

I pulled up listing_view.php and located $title and just deleted it. I took it out of the featured properties in the style.php sile as well because the information from the MLS does not give a title for the properties.

carolinagirl
02-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Not everyone has the most recent browser and plugins. If the entry to your site is dependent on having the appropriate plugin then you limit the accessiblity to your site.

Frank

There is an option to skip the intro that is in html and a link to download the plug-in.

Paris
02-19-2004, 01:45 AM
I pulled up listing_view.php and located $title and just deleted it. I took it out of the featured properties in the style.php sile as well because the information from the MLS does not give a title for the properties.

Hi, I didn't find $Title in listingview.php. However, I did find $Title in listing_browse.php and did remove that. So, thank for letting me know that. Which btw, if anyone else wants to do that it's located here:

echo "<tr><td align=\"left\" class=\"search_row_$count\" colspan=\"$num_columns\"><b><a href=\"listingview.php?listingID=$current_ID\"></a></b></td></tr>";
echo "<tr>";
Around Line 504.

This does not remove Title:::Address:::City:: when browsing which is probably in the style.php per carolinagirl. Lots of $Title's in there so I have to look a little bit closer to see which one needs to be removed.

Thanks again.

p.s. Really nice site.