PDA

View Full Version : A big thanks......

Anonymous
02-25-2004, 12:16 PM
I would like to just offer a huge huge thank you to the team that created this open-realty site mod demo whatever it is.
I initially got sick of working and decided that i wanted to create a very comprehensive website of hotels, b&B's and guesthouses in scotland, hopefully listing all there is eventually (free basic listing, cheap full listing and a premier virtual tour listing). having no experience with coding etc but a little in html i went on a search to find some ideas, when i came across open-realty (in its early days). Myself and partner couldnt beleive that this had what we needed apart from the virtual side ( no mod at the time) so we worked away untill we understood no more, took a break, and a couple of months ago got back into it and now understand what we need to do. Then low and behold we find a virtual Tour mod that has saved us months oof work(due too lack of knowledge).

The forum help is second to none, the fact of being allowed to alter the site beyond recognition is fantastic. and the fact that all the team are working on new releases etc.
So now i visit my business advisor regularly, and i soon have the mammoth task of data entry and market research, which were looking forward to. and all this happening so quick due to basically having a site provided too work on rather than building from scratch.

So this is a little time out to thank everyone involved in this project, and when ( got told not to say ifs in the starting business handboook =])the site is up and running i shall gladly give a donation or two to a most deserved project.

lauren
02-25-2004, 12:18 PM
hey you gave me a great idea in regards to the multi-level memberships

i may try that

Anonymous
02-25-2004, 12:24 PM

i may try that

hehe no probs glad to help, the teir level for membership is only in discussion at the moment, im trying to work out how to implement it without too much hassle, the biggest thing i found with the site is trying to leave it set up much the way it is and only making little changes, using whats there already although it is hard.

Anonymous
02-26-2004, 04:25 AM

i may try that

hehe no probs glad to help, the teir level for membership is only in discussion at the moment, im trying to work out how to implement it without too much hassle, the biggest thing i found with the site is trying to leave it set up much the way it is and only making little changes, using whats there already although it is hard.

I have tables, with corressponding entries for appropriate users :
payments received, credits purchased, and, privelidges.
This matrix allows me to juggle what they can or can't do

greengiant
02-26-2004, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the kind words about the project. They are good to hear. :)

realnew
02-26-2004, 05:07 PM
I would also like to let it be know that there is at least one more person that is greatful to Ryan and Mick for all the hard work and support .
Rachel

lauren
02-26-2004, 05:22 PM
ditto me!