PDA

View Full Version : Merged Threads"Admin db error"

tido
03-02-2004, 12:17 AM
.. the bottom of screens.

Ok, if I click on a listing, everything works fine...but at the bottom next to the name of the agent it says: "There's been a problem -- please contact the site administrator"

It also says this on the admin side under "Edit My Listings" and it won't display the tables with all of the listings. It only asks for me to enter the listing #.

Next I'll get an e-mail that contains this:
-- March 1, 2004, 3:34:57 pm -- SELECT default_UserDBElements.field_value, default_agentFormElements.field_type, default_agentFormElements.field_caption FROM default_agentDBElements, default_agentFormElements WHERE ((default_UserDBElements.user_id = 2) AND (default_UserDBElements.field_name = default_agentFormElements.field_name)) ORDER BY default_agentFormElements.rank ASC

Any ideas?

-Tido

RealtyOne
03-02-2004, 03:11 AM
Database either is not there not correctly named or something simlar.
In short the script is saying it cant do it so admin please check the database .

scd67
03-02-2004, 01:04 PM
just downloaded and installed this morning, getting same problem

scd67
03-02-2004, 01:19 PM
I've tried running the configurator, and just running the .sql and neither method creates the default_agentDBElements table for me. I ran the SELECT in phpMyAdmin and it alerted me that the table didn't exist. I have 13 tables in my DB. Does anybody have the updated .sql or advice for fixing this?

Thanks

tristan_moore
03-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Hello,

I just installed OR and got it running in about 10 minutes, great.

Most of it seems to work but I do get emails with subject: SQL Error

80.201.60.169 -- March 2, 2004, 12:50:45 pm -- SELECT ID, title, notes, expiration, active FROM default_listingsDB WHERE user_ID = '1' ORDER BY rank

80.58.44.44 -- March 2, 2004, 1:20:34 pm -- SELECT default_UserDBElements.field_value, default_agentFormElements.field_type, default_agentFormElements.field_caption FROM default_agentDBElements, default_agentFormElements WHERE ((default_UserDBElements.user_id = 1) AND (default_UserDBElements.field_name = default_agentFormElements.field_name)) ORDER BY default_agentFormElements.rank ASC

I search the whole day through the forum but could not find a definitive answer to this problem.

thanks,
Tristan

scd67
03-02-2004, 02:45 PM
http://www.open-realty.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2432

tristan_moore
03-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Same problem here,

I could add the table by hand if I knew which fields to include.

Why is it not included in the openreality.sql file ?

Tristan

tristan_moore
03-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey , thanks for replying, but as I said no real answer.

Tristan

RealtyOne
03-02-2004, 05:09 PM
A link to the site would be a nice addition if you want help, or try to get us on the right track.
What are you doing when you get the error notice? (contact admin)
What page etc.

RealtyOne
03-02-2004, 05:19 PM
.. the bottom of screens.

Ok, if I click on a listing, everything works fine...but at the bottom next to the name of the agent it says: "There's been a problem -- please contact the site administrator"

It also says this on the admin side under "Edit My Listings" and it won't display the tables with all of the listings. It only asks for me to enter the listing #.

Next I'll get an e-mail that contains this:
-- March 1, 2004, 3:34:57 pm -- SELECT default_UserDBElements.field_value, default_agentFormElements.field_type, default_agentFormElements.field_caption FROM default_agentDBElements, default_agentFormElements WHERE ((default_UserDBElements.user_id = 2) AND (default_UserDBElements.field_name = default_agentFormElements.field_name)) ORDER BY default_agentFormElements.rank ASC

Any ideas?

-Tido
Since this is till recently a new problem i really will need details links etc to see the problem to recreate it on my site. Surely one of the many people having this problem is not too shy to give out a url to a site or alot of detail. Maybe even a version number of Open-Realty Inuse. Installed by correct methods or useing fantistic etc etc etc.
Sorry but as much as i would like to help you are all making it hard / impossible.

tristan_moore
03-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Hello,

Clicking on Edit My Listings in admin does the trick.

I checked the database and found no problems (apart from the fact that I do not have a default_agentDBElements table in my database).

Tristan

scd67
03-02-2004, 06:35 PM
Ok, after thinking about it more it seems that there was a typo in the SELECT statement(s). Mind you *seems* is a pretty loose term here, as this is my first day playing with OR. Here's what I did to fix the problem with the listings error:

/template/generic/style.php
/template/vertical-menu/style.php

change (line 689 in my editor) the word 'agentDBElements' to 'UserDBElements'.

The admin 'edit my listings' page still came up with an error (trying to order by 'rank') and doesn't show the listings it just prompts you to type in the property id. Try this:

/admin/edit_my_listings.php

change (line 318 in mine) the word 'rank' to 'ID' or whatever you want to order by, just make sure it is a field in that table. ID seems to be a logical choice.

This worked for me, let me know if it helped.

RealtyOne
03-02-2004, 07:54 PM
threads merged and moved to bugs forum

greengiant
03-02-2004, 11:20 PM
I discovered this bug this morning as well. I will post a 1.1.5b in the next hour or so with this fix. It should have been order by ID not rank. SOrry guys.

greengiant
03-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Hmm I am doing some more checking on this, i seemed to have messed up guys. I am sorry. I will have a fix up soon.

tido
03-02-2004, 11:57 PM
no worries, when ever you get the chance. I really can't complain, Open-Realty is an awesome little piece of PHP. Thanks so much for taking time out of your life for making it available to us!