PDA

View Full Version : PHP Viewer/Preview page

ereed
03-24-2004, 09:52 AM
OK,

I've been dealing with FTP'ing each change, then viewing the results, make more changes, FTP, preview, etc.

Isn't there a way to allow me to preview my changes to the page without having to post each one?

What options are you pro's using for previewing your changes?

Do I have to download PHP on my WIndows machine, and if so, I've read that some of the code functions differently under windows?

Any help would be appreciated.

Fat Lizard
03-24-2004, 09:56 AM
OK,

I've been dealing with FTP'ing each change, then viewing the results, make more changes, FTP, preview, etc.

Isn't there a way to allow me to preview my changes to the page without having to post each one?

What options are you pro's using for previewing your changes?

Do I have to download PHP on my WIndows machine, and if so, I've read that some of the code functions differently under windows?

Any help would be appreciated.

I do all my main development on my Windows PC, with just last minute tweaks online.

Go to firepages.com.au whenre you can download a PHP/MySQL/Apache bundle .. Installs nice and, should, run straight from the box.

ereed
03-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Thanks! I've downloaded it, and it seems to be running. I've gotten to the localhost/ directory.

I apreciate the help, I'm off to figure out how to use this!

ereed
03-24-2004, 01:44 PM
So,

I'm running this phpdev on my Windows machine, trying to set it up to preview all changes without having to constantly FTP the changes to the webserver before seeing the updates.

I've installed it, it's running, now I'm trying to run the O.R. on it, and I'm getting a bunch of errors.

I think they may be related to the fact that it's running on Windows, and the notes say to replace all \ with //, in the basepath.

Does this change, double slashes, need to be done for everything or just the basepath?

Fat Lizard
03-24-2004, 07:34 PM
So,

I'm running this phpdev on my Windows machine, trying to set it up to preview all changes without having to constantly FTP the changes to the webserver before seeing the updates.

I've installed it, it's running, now I'm trying to run the O.R. on it, and I'm getting a bunch of errors.

I think they may be related to the fact that it's running on Windows, and the notes say to replace all \ with //, in the basepath.

Does this change, double slashes, need to be done for everything or just the basepath?

You'll have to make sure that the basepath that's set in OR matches your phpDev location.

eg:
phpDev installed to default c:\phpdev
Under there you will have something like c:\phpdev\www
That's the $root of your localhost

Now, place OR somewhere under that, for example:
c:\phpdev\www\realty

Now, go into OR's common.php, and change the path to, in this example:
c:\phpdev\www\realty

And, change the URL (again in common.php) to match:
http://localhost/realty