PDA

View Full Version : help with template

rkiss
03-25-2004, 12:03 AM
Hi,

I would like to know how can I get rid of the template design and simply use include(/listing_browse.php) in my html page to display only the listings?

I have my own design and I found it a little confusing to modify the given template in the download.

Basically, I want to call a url to only display listings, no buttons, no Open Realty header/footer. Just listings.

I would do the same for listingsearch and listinview.

Thanks You

Roman

Mick
03-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Your best bet is to use the Generic template.

Strip down the code so that it is just the html head and body tags and the existing javascript functions but take out everything else leaving you with just a blank template for the top and bottom. If you haven't played with it before this may take some trail and error but the generic template will be the one you will want to work with for that.

rkiss
03-25-2004, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Do I have to edit the listingview.php, listing_browse.php and etc pages as well?

Thanks

Roman

Mick
03-25-2004, 03:31 AM
no you shouldn't have to edit those....

you can however adjust the style.css file to change the appearance of those pages in terms of fonts, text colors, sizes, link colors, background colors etc..

rkiss
03-26-2004, 12:10 AM
Cool Thanks

What page should I edit to get rid of the "Listed by" from the listingview.php page.

P.S.

great application

rkiss
03-26-2004, 12:31 AM
nevemind, I found the post.

Thanks

Roman

MG
03-27-2004, 03:22 PM
I'm working on the same thing, but now I get this error because I have my own headers:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /www/www/listing_browse.php:11) in /www/www/include/main.php on line 4

Are sessions just for searching or are they for logging in too? I'm not going to use searches and will just get rid of them if I can.

RealtyOne
03-27-2004, 07:13 PM
this to me as a guess indicates that the common.php is not being called as the FIRST thing on the pages that use it.
any page that was calling the common.php in an include MUST start
<?php
include (include/common.php);

Other wise the sessions etc can not run correctly since it must be the first thing.

Also make sure there is no white space befor and after the page content on php pages.

first charactors on page <?php
second line include (include/common.php);

CONTENT AS REQUIRED

Final cahractors ?>
NOTHING!

Dont use this as code to copy its not accurate.

MG
03-27-2004, 08:21 PM
Thanks, putting the include first solved my problem.

RealtyOne
04-06-2004, 01:32 AM
problem is shown in red
user_top.html

<script type="text/javascript">
<!-- // Nannette Thacker http://www.shiningstar.net
function confirmDelete()
{
var agree=confirm("<?php echo $lang[are_you_sure_you_want_to_delete] ?>");
if (agree)
return true ;
else