PDA

View Full Version : php, mysql [ANSWERED]

larrywcc
03-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Can someone help a bit with PHP programming please

I am able to read and write the data to the mysql database but what I need to do is some strings with balances of money

I read the data from a database Name, Address and Balance. There are other information but not needed for this fuction.

Next, I need to make sure that they have some money in their $balance plus it is equal or more then what $pay is

If enough money in account then subtract $pay from $balance and then save the new $balance back to mysql database that I know how to do

I would post what code I have but it is a mess and hard to figure out what is what anymore. I know this must be simple cause I can't figure this out. Yea, I am not a php programmer.

This is a simple fuction were I manual add money into their account. The user then can at anytime add other listings. Thus, subtracts off their account so I don't have to verify all the time and they don't have to wait.

Thanks !

Mick
03-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Your best bet would be to post this question on a php/mysql help forum somewhere. This is not really the place for questions like this that obviously do not pertain to open-realty. Also, when you do post on a php/mysql help forum if you provide them with the section of code you are having trouble with and explain what you've done and why the code is the way it is you will have a better chance of getting a response on it.

In order to be of any help people would also need to know a little about your database structure as the problem is most likely in your sql query.

larrywcc
03-27-2004, 04:21 PM
There is no php/sql help on here, Mick !

Yes, I don't know what I am talking about for the most part as I don't know much about PHP but learning.

QUOTE !
This is not really the place for questions like this that obviously do not pertain to open-realty.
END QUOTE !

I guess you don't know what I am talking about and YES THIS DOES PERTAIN to OPEN-REALTY. I am tring to make a MOD. OK, if I have problems suggestion programming etc.. anything about OPEN-REALTY tell me were to go to ask such questions???

You seem so smart please let me know were I can ask these questions. I thought people here would be able to help as they know about php and the layout of OPEN-REALTY.

But I can give you credit that I didn't give you enough information about my question so I am sorry about that. Should of asked me. Read more below, what part does not pertain to OPEN-REALTY ?

Here was more information if you or others were interested to know more about what I was tring to get to. Again sorry I didn't explain more in details. Learning more all the time.

I added paypal to post listing of 7,14,30 and 60 days with rates per days.

1) Save information to user account then goes to paypal or other pay system kinda easy to modify.
2) Returns back to notify.php which posts updates the mysql so the user can post their home, rental etc...
3) But I wanted to add so that users can add extra money in account so all they have to do is add listing without going though the pay process.

I was doing this by hand, Check paypay who paid then goto mysql and change the amount of money each user has. This was getting hard to do and alot to figure out all the time.

So I guess I will go else were and ask questions if you don't want me here. What a great program and I have been using for about a year now and seen some great changes. So keep up the great work ( THE OWNER OF THIS PROGRAM )

Others who E-Mail me THANKS except for Mick who thinks I am on the wrong site. Well better go before I get spammed.

To all others ::

Sorry for any confusion on my part as I didn't mean to post to wrong area of interest and didn't explain in more detail. I was stuck and I was getting really fedup with it all. I now have it working better with limited problems thanks to others who helped me or asked more detail questions.

I truly feel bad :oops:

Take Care

Mick
03-27-2004, 08:35 PM
Forgive me, I didn't realize that this was something that was to do with open-realty. You provided almost no informaiton about what you were doing other than need to do balance and pay and add funds...

None of those are anything to do with Open-realty by default. knowing what you are doing does certainly help however, you still haven't posted any of the relevant code, details about what's got you stuck, database table structure or anything else for anybody to look at in order to offer you any help.

If you're stuck on the entire thing then you might want to consider posting in the work forum to hire somebody to write this mod for you.