PDA

View Full Version : Drop down menus - Default Text instead of being blank.

jez
03-27-2004, 11:23 AM
When I have a drop down / pulldown menu as part of a search say like for TYPE, the form default is blank (this returns all the results which is good), but instead of it being blank I want it to say - <-- All Types --> in the form field (if none are selected etc)
Sorry if this is obvious but can't see how to do it.

RealtyOne
03-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Thsi could be done but to do so you would need an understanding of php sql in order to understand what information is being called to poulate the selector.

Most of this i believe is in style.php but there are quite a few of them used for many other things other than the search pages. It would be a matter of trial and error.

jez
03-28-2004, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the response, I see what you are saying, if I changed the default text so rather than saying specifics like select TYPE or select CITY etc for searchbox_pulldown_vertical for instance so that when it gets created on the page it was the same each time like a general <--please select--> would this be possible?

RealtyOne
03-28-2004, 05:52 AM
There would be noproblem with being specific if thats what you want but as i said it would be a matter of trial and error to get the wanted apearance on all pages.
Being non specific would be alot easier to work with :)