PDA

View Full Version : Changing add_listing.php

MG
03-27-2004, 09:37 PM
I want to remove both the Title and MLS entries from this page. I tried putting this in main.php:

function renderFormElement($field_type, $field_name, $field_caption, $default_text, $field_elements, $required)
{

global $lang;
// handles the rendering of forms...
echo "<TR>";
if &#40;$field_name!=title&#41;&#123; // this line is what I added
switch &#40;$field_type&#41;

but that didn't work for title.

As for MLS, I removed it from template_editor.php, but it still shows up when I add a listing. Can anyone help with either of these?

RealtyOne
03-28-2004, 02:44 AM
Removeing The title:
Firstup.. This is called from other pages and is an integrated and default option if you remove it you will have more problems that you want.
Removal of this is going to require editing of allmost every page or page output for the site from users to listings and you can even add the email systems to this since the title is use in them all. (I would be thinking a little harderon this before continuing)
Second.. It is hard coded for the reasons above there is no need to alter the variable sql statements to alter this. For the enty side of it look in all pages that are mention below for the MLS. For pages that read it and use the info look on most pages on the site site.
third .. This is not recommended!
Removeing The MLS:
Look for the same code on listing edit pages and listing add pages. This is hardcoded but as a late entry to the system not integraated and easily removed by even a complete novice, But it is on several pages.

MG
03-29-2004, 03:30 PM
I made Title a hidden value in both add and edit and set the value to 'title" so it would have something, it just doesn't show up. Can listings have the same title? I want to make sure this won't break it.

I removed MLS, thanks for the help.

RealtyOne
03-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Giving the same title to every listing Would mean things like the latest listings favorites etc will all come up with the same name.
While the listing title is used for display purposes only your clients may become confused when they are looking for liting title a and end up at liting title b.

Since the title is so versitile i really cant see why it cant be used.
I have seen it used for address, office listing code number, Highlight text (as used in realty window) it can be anything at all that is used in the box the fact that its called title has little to do with its function. Have you thoughtof useing it for something else?

Macola
05-19-2004, 11:42 AM
Along these lines, my client wants the Title field to be a drop-down (selectable) list of property names in the listings template. Can I modify the title field somehow to do this, or is there a better way?

I can, of course, add a new field to the template called "property name" but then it would display in addition to the title on all pages, and I don't want that.

Thanks!