PDA

View Full Version : new property site requests comments/reviews

Maven
04-03-2004, 06:54 PM
I think my simple property site is ready for a look-see from the forum. Thanks to all of you who have responded to questions and to the many good suggestions I picked up from various threads.

this is my first php customized site so I'm fairly pleased. The programmers who worked on this are awesome! Now I need feedback from real people if you have a moment.

The site is at http://www.buyarizonaproperty.com/
:)

RealtyOne
04-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Your thumbnails look a bit washed out?
Do you have the correct settings in your common.php?

$config['gdversion2'] = False;
Should be maybe

$config['gdversion2'] = True;

Also the mouseovers seem slow to get going maybe you need to preload them?

Other than that nice site :)

lkoelbel
05-31-2004, 10:18 AM
Like your site Maven... I was wondering if you could share with us how you integrated your "Create A Listing" page for Users... I need to do something similar where Users can add listings without having Admin rights or being an Agent... it's a free FSBO listing site...

Thanx... =}

Mick
05-31-2004, 04:03 PM
Also, you may want to rename your Price field... the way you have it now it shows up on the listing view page as:

Price (do not use comma):

Looks tacky...

Maven
06-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Hi, Ikoelbel,

Sorry I took so long to respond -- working on paying customer site :)

The “Create a Listing” page is an html template I built with copy to help the user sign up for the site and a link to pay for listings.

The instruction for creating a user or agent account links to the /admin/agent_signup.php

If you don’t want to charge money for this type of membership then you can set an automatic approval or approve new accounts as they come in. There is also a “members” folder for people who come to your site and want to save searches – these are people using your site to find things.

Here’s how I set the common.php user/agent access parameters:
// USER SETTINGS
$config['allow_user_signup'] = 'yes'; // can users sign up through the web site? yes or no
$config['user_default_active'] = "no"; // are new users active by default? yes or no
$config['user_default_agent'] = "no"; // are new users agents by default? yes or no
$config['user_default_admin'] = 'no'; // are new users admins by default? yes or no
// I recommend that you leave the following entries marked "no"... unless there's a particular
// reason you want new users to be able to do administrative tasks by default...
$config['user_default_feature'] = 'no'; // can new users feature listings by default? yes or no
$config['user_default_moderate'] = 'no'; // can new users moderate listings by default? yes or no
$config['user_default_logview'] = 'no'; // can new users view logs by default? yes or no
$config['user_default_editForms'] = 'no'; // can new users edit forms by default? yes or no
$config['user_default_canChangeExpirations'] = 'no'; // can users change the expiration dates of their listings? yes or no

// MODERATION SETTINGS
$config['moderate_users'] = "yes"; // should new users require moderator approval to be "active?" yes or no
$config['moderate_listings'] = "yes"; // should listings require moderator approval to be "live?" yes or no
$config['email_notification_of_new_users'] = "yes"; // should the site admin receive an email notification if someone registers? yes or no
$config['email_notification_of_new_listings'] = 'yes'; // should the site admin receive an email notification if someone adds a listing? yes or no