PDA

View Full Version : Do these add-on's work for OR 3.0

SDPGreg
06-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Hello there.

So I am considering whether to update our site from OR 2.5.8 to OR 3.0

Crucial for me is if the following add-on's will work.

1- Contact Form v. 3.2 by pbflash (the code for this one is ioncubed)

2- Open Realty - Craigslist Template Generator v. 1 by Josh Horton

3- Google Feed v. 1.0.1 by Al Smith

4- Latest Properties v. 0.1 by (not sure on the author)

5- Mail All v. 1.1 by K. Pearson and modified by Al Smith (how would I know if it works with OR 3)

6- XML feed add on by Al Smith

So ya it's crucial for me to know if these add-ons will work with OR 3.

Thank you :)

MOVED - to OR v3.0 add-ons help and Discussion.

the_sandking
06-28-2010, 05:01 PM
For any commercial add-ons, you will want to contact the add-on developer for questions about compatibility or assistance.

SDPGreg
06-28-2010, 05:08 PM
For any commercial add-ons, you will want to contact the add-on developer for questions about compatibility or assistance.

If an add-on say doesn't work, how would the developer fix it with OR 3 source being encrypted?

Also, if an add-on say doesn't work I'd wanna attempt to fix it myself first and how would I know where to start if the OR 3 source is encrypted?

The contact form add-on is the most important....

Its encrypted with ioncube and has a license thing so I can't even test on an unused domain if it works with OR 3.

Just asking the questions I gotta ask before doing the move to OR 3.

Also, are the lead manager and contact form similar ?

thanks

the_sandking
06-28-2010, 05:27 PM
If an add-on say doesn't work, how would the developer fix it with OR 3 source being encrypted?

Once the add-on developer's docs are released no one will ever need access to OR's source code to make an add on work. Technically you didn't need to see OR's source code before v3 to build/test an add-on.

Also, are the lead manager and contact form similar ?

I have never used the contact form add-on, but I understand they accomplish similar things. I don;t think the contact form add-on uses jQuery so you cannot drag/drop the form fields to arrange them. You could always try-out the OR v3's LeadManager on a test site and see what the differences are since you already use the contact form add-on you should be able to tell quickly.