PDA

View Full Version : CMS integration

randelld
10-17-2010, 06:16 AM
Does OR integrate with Joomla?
If so, how is it to be achieved? Is it something to do with the CMS integration template?

Meki
10-17-2010, 06:45 AM
OR is starting to have it's own CMS implementation... a few tweaks, some contact info, an easier way to create leads and it will satisfy most of the needs...

randelld
10-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Thanks, but that doesn't really tell me much does it?

the_sandking
10-17-2010, 09:10 AM
OR v3 is a standalone application and does not directly integrate with joomla.

Meki
10-18-2010, 01:59 AM
Thanks, but that doesn't really tell me much does it?

True enough, the best you can do is to write a bridge between the 2 apps. It can be an addon for OR, Joomla, or a standalone app connecting and transferring data between the 2 apps.

randelld
10-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Ok, thanks Meki and Sandking.
I'm not a coder so for now I'll just leave it. I didn't know whether OR was designed to connect to Joomla as standard. Would that facility not open OR up to a much wider market??

Thanks

Meki
10-20-2010, 12:43 PM
As far as I can see it wouldn't. Joomla is a module based CMS, it can be almost everything, but it is a standalone app like OR.
The wider market you speak about would be to have the option for connecting CRM systems, but a CRM is being built into OR, so it's being taken care of...
If OR manages to evolve into an all-a-round R(eal)E(state)M(anagement)S(ystem), then there won't be any need to have Joomla integrate it.