PDA

View Full Version : Its Here! FREE Contact Form Add-On For OR V3+

SDPGreg
01-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Add-On was made by ebmarques; I highly recommend Eduardo for any Open Realty work; He is truly gifted.

Edit: Added to Free Add-Ons section

It's currently "Inactive" mods let me know if theres something I have to change to make it Active.

And thank you Ebmarques!!!!!

ebmarques
01-13-2011, 04:04 PM
...I highly recommend Eduardo for any Open Realty work; He is truly gifted.

Thank you very much for your kind words! :)
I am glad you liked the add-on!

Eduardo

SDPGreg
01-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Added to Add On section; Currently its In-Active let me know if I have to edit something to make it Active. :-)

ebmarques
01-13-2011, 09:17 PM
The add-on is now "active" and can be seen and downloaded from:
http://addons.open-realty.org/add-on-36.html

Eduardo

millera
01-14-2011, 11:01 PM
I just downloaded it and installed it and {addon_contactform_display} displays nothing. :confused:

Edit: Using PHP version 5.2.4

ebmarques
01-15-2011, 10:19 AM
I just downloaded it and installed it and {addon_contactform_display} displays nothing...

Wich Open-Realty version are you running?
Please post a link to your page otherwise it is not possible to help you.
I have just checked and saw nothing wrong with the add-on.

Eduardo

jabezus
01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Just added to my site and have to say it works great. Would recommend highly.

millera
01-19-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm using Version 3.0.12. I can not supply a direct link as the website is maintenance mode because I'm just starting to build it.

SDPGreg
01-19-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm using Version 3.0.12. I can not supply a direct link as the website is maintenance mode because I'm just starting to build it.

Hello There,

First, make sure you have the correct current version http://addons.open-realty.org/add-on-36.html

If it is correct current version; you'd probably have to supply a link so we can help :-)

bpabraham
01-28-2011, 01:40 AM
I have a few questions regarding the Contact Form Addon.

Is it possible to make this addon work as a link on the listing page rather than display on the page? (similar to the email friend link)
Is it possible to have the email subject contain the address and MLS number rather than the listing ID?
Is it possible to have this form work as a form to email specific agents outside of the listing page as well? (Essentially to replace the Contact Agent tag in the view_user_default.html template so that registration is not required in order to email agents)

Any suggestions or ideas on how to do these things would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Manzanita
02-02-2011, 04:05 AM
for some reason the contact form is not sending email... does it use the same form mailer as OR? The system mailer is working.

Thanks

SDPGreg
02-02-2011, 04:02 PM
What are your mail settings under site config?

bpabraham
02-03-2011, 01:47 AM
Does anyone know how to get captcha functioning with this addon? I know there is a folder in the addon regarding captcha but the addon documentation does not specify how to implement it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

ebmarques
02-03-2011, 02:19 AM
Does anyone know how to get captcha functioning with this addon? I know there is a folder in the addon regarding captcha but the addon documentation does not specify how to implement it.

Log in at backend as admin, click at "Site Config, "Social Tab" and enable "Use image verification on contact forms".

Eduardo

ebmarques
04-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Keep getting that I have entered the wrong captcha through safari browser. Addon version 1.0.5 with OR 3.1.1
On both secureimage and recaptcha. No problem with addon version 1.0.3 just the update.

This add-on do not have the option to use recaptcha... Only uses securimage (not secureimage).
I have installed it at: link removed
And tested with Safari... To me it is working just fine.
Could you please test the above link and tell us if you still have the same error?
There is no need to fill all form fields but just the security code - type the correct one and you may not get a "red" warning message - type a wrong one and you may get it - just for testing.

Eduardo

LeeForbes
04-03-2011, 12:39 PM
needed to clear my browser cache. Now it is fine. Thanks for your responce Eduardo

ozsubasi
04-18-2011, 06:08 AM
Hi,
I have installed the addon but am confused about a few things, can you help me please?
I have v3.1.2 and am using your or_plain template.
After installing the addon I went to my site, clicked on "contact agent" and my contact form was displayed. This is exactly what I wanted, I don't want the lead management system. But the elements of the form were in the wrong order. I went to edit the contact form but found that everything seemed to be as I wanted it. I checked the site again, but still the form displayed was not the same as shown in my editor.
I haven't done anything at all with the addon tag, because frankly I don't understand where to put it! (in my template file there are 5 listing_detail files, I don't know which one you mean). But I would be happty just to click on contact agent and have my contact form displayed correctly.
There is also some text at the top of the form which I don't want, i.e. "In order to serve you better, please take a moment etc etc" but I can't see how to delete it.

Now this is where it gets really confusing! On reading this thread it was mentioned about clearing the browser cache so I thought I would try that and see if it affected my contact form. But when I went back to my website and clicked contact agent, I had the original lead management form back again. I went to admin, logged in and out, and got my own contact form back. But each time I clear the cache, it reverts back to the lead management and I have to login and out again, that can't be right is it?

Your help would be very much appreciated

ozsubasi
04-18-2011, 06:11 AM
sorry, I forgot to give a link to show the problem:

http://www.altinkumpropertyforsale.com/index.php?action=contact_agent&listing_id=7

ozsubasi
04-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi Again,

I think I have managed to sort most of this out myself. I found that by going to listing_detail_default.html and replacing {contact_agent_link} with {addon_contactform_display} I got the expected contact form appearing on my listing page for a property. I did a test reply to myself and it worked fine. The only thing is the form is already completed not only with the property details (which is fine) but where the enquirer will enter their name and email address, mine are already completed. Of course they can be changed by the enquirer but I think it may be confusing for some. How can I make these fields blank by default please?

gr8fulljohn
04-20-2011, 08:04 PM
I am using OR 3.1.2
Where do I find all the text for this form?
"Your email has been sent to the listing agent"
What is a good free editor for these forms?
I want to add some text above the form. How can I do this.

ebmarques
04-21-2011, 09:17 AM
...The only thing is the form is already completed not only with the property details (which is fine) but where the enquirer will enter their name and email address, mine are already completed. Of course they can be changed by the enquirer but I think it may be confusing for some. How can I make these fields blank by default please?

The add-on will automatically fill "name" and "email" form fields with the LOGGED user data.
If you see the page while NOT logged, the fields are going to be "blank".

Eduardo

ebmarques
04-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Where do I find all the text for this form?
I assume you mean in fact "for this add-on". Some texts you can edit at the add-on file (addon.inc.php) others that use language variables you can edit at the language files.

"Your email has been sent to the listing agent"

../include/language/en/versions/original.inc.php - Line 281:
$lang['email_listing_agent_sent'] = 'Your email has been sent to the listing agent.';

What is a good free editor for these forms? I want to add some text above the form. How can I do this.

I like and use Notepad2. Notepad++ is also a good editor. Or you can use Microsoft Notepad. In fact, ANY text editor can be used - you choose the one you like.
If you wish to modify the add-on, you need to edit the add-on file (addon.inc.php).

Eduardo

LionMedia
05-31-2011, 04:49 PM
Couple of questions. The lead notification email doesn't include the name, email address or listing title. Also, how would I add a field for cell phone?
Thanks

LeeForbes
05-31-2011, 05:16 PM
I have customized Eduardo's addon to include a phone number field. Just add a new field "phone" in you admin area - member field editor. See the attachment... My version of contactform v1.0.5

1675Thanks again Eduardo for the original addon.

see it in action below:
Florida Property Online! (http://www.floridapropertyonline.com)

ebmarques
05-31-2011, 06:08 PM
I have customized Eduardo's addon to include a phone number field.

Hi Lee,

Of course you can modify any free add-on as you wish but I recommend to rename the add-on after that. Otherwise while upgrading you will loose the changes you made.

Eduardo

cacathcart
06-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Did we ever get answers to these questions?
========
Is it possible to have the email subject contain the address and MLS number rather than the listing ID?
I found the answer to this:
http://support.open-realty.org/showthread.php?27043-Free-Contact-Form-Addon
========
Still need the answer to this:

Is it possible to make this addon work as a link on the listing page rather than display on the page? (similar to the email friend link)

If I missed it, my apologies!

Cathy

ebmarques
06-28-2011, 06:18 PM

http://addons.open-realty.org/add-on-36.html
Add-on version 1.0.9 now have it.

Eduardo

domain-host
07-23-2011, 07:58 AM
I am using the latest Contact Form and everything works fine except that all emails are directed to the Site Admin instead of the relevant agent. I have made no modifications to the Contact Form. Any idea why this is going to the site admin and not the agent?

Contact Form V1.0.9
Open Realty V3.1.6

ebmarques
07-23-2011, 10:13 AM
I am using the latest Contact Form and everything works fine except that all emails are directed to the Site Admin instead of the relevant agent. I have made no modifications to the Contact Form. Any idea why this is going to the site admin and not the agent?
Contact Form V1.0.9
Open Realty V3.1.6

Answering at the new community support portal.

Eduardo