PDA

View Full Version : Prevent agen/client from modify pictures

RealEstate
05-10-2004, 05:10 PM
hi all,

i was wondering if this was an option already built in or if it can be developed an how:

-first, the individual agent/client can pay for the listing and creat only the TEXT aspect of the listing. such as the description, price, features, and his contact info (including pic). he can modify this info as much as hi wants with his user and pass.

after the listing is created, ONLY the admin CAN add/modify/delete/upload pictures for the listing. these include the panoramas pictures for the virtual tours.

i recommend this so that pictures dont get deleted by mistake, espically the ones for virtual tours. then the clien/agent is complaining and the work is multiplied.

thanks!

p.s. where the PCMAN - haven't seen that mate in a while

Mick
05-10-2004, 05:57 PM
It's not a built in option... and in my experience, anything can be developed... just depends on your capabilities.

I'm not sure how great this would be however, If I was running an office and I was the broker, I certainly wouldn't want to have to be the one maintaining all of the agent's photo's and virtual tours. i'd want them to upload them theirselves when they create the listings.

If you open the "edit_my_listings.php" file and simply delete the following link:

<a href="edit_listings_images.php?edit=<?php echo $edit ?>"><?php echo $lang&#91;edit_images&#93; ?></a>

Then the edit images link won't appear on the agent's page for editing the listings. however when the admin edits listings he actually is going to "listings_edit.php" so he'll still have the link to edit the images. This is a very quick solution however it may not work completely for you and may need some tweaking

RealEstate
05-10-2004, 06:19 PM
by deleting that code, will i also prevent the agent from altering the panos for the virtual tour mod?

Mick
05-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Nope.. if you've installed the Virtual Tour mod then there should be right about the same area very similar code that links to the edit vtour images page.. delete that link as well to prevent the agent from having that link.

Or.. if you haven't installed the mod yet.. don't add that link into that file ;-)

RealEstate
05-10-2004, 08:55 PM
thanks for the info. that covers everything.