PDA

View Full Version : Was wanting to integrate paypal but found others problems

ccworks
05-16-2004, 02:51 AM
I came across a website at www.nopaypal.com. If even half of the stuff in the site is true I will be looking to integrate another service. Anyone have any problems with paypal??

Mick
05-16-2004, 05:17 AM
Well.. I haven't looked at the site yet to be honest BUT... I've been using paypal for about 5 years now for various ebay purchases and sales... (usually about 5-6 items sold every month, purchases whenever I happen along something great I can't live without) And I've never had a problem with paypal.

In my opinion all "No-whatever" or "whatever-sucks" sites are one person's personal grudge match with a big company and represent a small number of problems blown out of proportion because somebody got their feelings hurt. Always remember those types of sites are very one sided.. you only get the story of the person who is unhappy with the company.

I think you'll find that most often most of the things on these sorts of sites are situations that were the user's fault and is mad the company wouldn't cover for him.

Just my $0.02 though......

RealtyOne
05-16-2004, 08:03 AM
I use Pay-Pal as my only method of payment for services outside Australia this amounts to a reasonable amount of traffic. My wife uses the same for her Ebay sales and i have yet to have any problem with the service.
But like Mick thats just my 2cents worth :)

the_sandking
05-16-2004, 09:54 AM
I came across a website at www.nopaypal.com. If even half of the stuff in the site is true I will be looking to integrate another service. Anyone have any problems with paypal??

DO NOT USE PAYPAL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!

Seriously, Paypal has numerous problems with their "user" and Privacy Agreements. However, PLEASE do not take my word for it, have an attorney read both documents, and explain to you why you would not want to agree to be bound by either.

1 simple example:

If I wanted all of the Paypal transaction records for Company X, or individual Y, (both are Paypal "users") I would only have to write Paypal a letter on Attorney letterhead requesting such information, stating that the information is needed for a civil or criminal investigation. Paypal just sends out everything, no questions asked..

A real Bank or Credit card company requires a Court order before disclosing such information. Paypal is neither, and as such is not bound by Federal banking and financial regulations.

There are many other reasons not to do business via. Paypal, the above example is the one that drove me away from using them.

My $.02, for what it is worth.

ccworks
05-16-2004, 02:03 PM
One of the persons listed on the site said that they had like over $8000 in their account and had a single credit card charge by a buyer using a bad card and their account was frozen and they could not even access the remainder of the money???
What about the numerous lawsuits pending...Ebay owns paypal so I guess they can afford it.
Every seller is encouraged to get a debit card from paypal and if you have a large sum of money sitting there and they freeze your accout forever or a long period of time, HOW DO YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK????
Just my 2 cents worth more