PDA

View Full Version : Agent Sign up

prakash
05-18-2004, 01:20 AM
How to get agent's Password when they sign up?

marb
05-18-2004, 01:34 AM
A agent must fill in his username/name and password by sign up.
He/Se can choose his/her own password.
As admin you can edit agents, also see ther password.

Marten :)

repustech
05-27-2004, 03:33 PM
How can you see their password? I am trying to figure out a way so only the admin can assign/change passwords. Anyone have any input?

Thanx...

marb
05-27-2004, 05:43 PM
As admin you can modify the agents.
Also you can see passwords in the DB

Groeten,
Marten :)

RealtyOne
05-28-2004, 05:11 AM
Passwords use MD5 so seeing them in the database is of little to no use to anyone.
Admin can assign passwords if that is required simply by editing the user.
To stop the user from changing the password you would need to set the input box for the password to readonly or comment it out so it is not available.

This of course detracts from the intention of haveing a site that looks after itself since admin is now in control of user accounts.
To me this seems pointless.

repustech
05-28-2004, 01:30 PM
Well it wouldn't be pointless for what I am using this for. We have 70+ agents who have access to the system. Not all of them are going to want to be resposible for there listings.

See, the way we are using the website is as a companion to a real estate magazine that the agents/offices pay monthly to be in. The problem is that a lot of the agents are lazy and not good with computers at all, so they won't be the ones managing their listings on the site.

It would be easier for me or the other admins to add the agents listing using their account, rather than logging in as admin, adding the listing, then changing who the listing belongs too.

If the admin could select the agent/office the listings belongs too as it is being added that would actually be better than limiting password changes.

Do you see where im coming from we are going to be dealing with tons and tons of listings. We want to get some of the work load off of our shoulders.

Mick
05-29-2004, 12:37 AM
On the flip side...

If you have a lot of listings to add/maintain it's going to take longer to login as one agent.. add a listing... logout.... login as another agent.. add listing... logout.... etc...

repustech
05-29-2004, 01:21 AM
I agree, that's why I think it would be a good idea to have the option as admin to choose who the listing will be for while you are adding a listing.

RealEstate
05-30-2004, 10:51 PM
ummm, this is similiar to when you select to what listing the pics are for (using the multiple image upload mod).