PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use OR as local databse

hokah
05-23-2004, 04:42 PM
Hi,
Im fresh OR user, I have installed OR and customized for my needs on internet server, but I dont have local databse in office so i use OR.
Im very interested how others work.
Do you have some other software for office ?

RealtyOne
05-23-2004, 04:59 PM
I have two clients who use open-realty as the office solution as well as online. Information is transferred useing the backup system and seems to work well for them.
Note: php/mysql Server required.
Adding a server takes little to no time and only as much space as you use for your site + 3 mb. They both use EasyPhP (http://www.easyphp.org/telechargements.php3) to run the server but there are other options to do the same thing.
Note: Standard installation runs with error reporting turned on. For 1.0.X versions of open Realty this would need to be turned off or error_reporting(0); added to the first line in common.php (after <?)

hokah
05-24-2004, 10:53 AM
I have installed Apache with PHP on Linux Mandrake, everything works well, but I found annoying that agents dont have easy access to offer contact details as this is hidden in notes field.
I was thinking about creating new browse_listnings.php for agents on local serwer or try to make frond-end using OpenOffice databse tool and maybe new table 'customers'.
I have also found MySQL synchronization tool which is free for Linux, i will let know as soon as I test it.