PDA

View Full Version : Failed to connect to license server, please contact technical support for assistance

spiritoitaliano
03-17-2011, 06:26 AM
Buongiorno,

Without doing nothing my OR 3.0.12 keeps giving me this error:
Failed to connect to license server, please contact technical support for assistance or verify that your site has unrestricted access to the internet.

The server host log error says:

Premature end of script headers: php-script

I did not do anything but suddenly the OR stopped working, any help?

Marcello

the_sandking
03-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Contact your host. If it worked and then stopped without any changes by you, your host probably changed something.

Otherwise you should be examining your server error logs for the exact time you caused OR to fail.

spiritoitaliano
03-17-2011, 09:29 AM
I already contacted the server that said that is a problem of licenze of my OR.

Grazie mille for your help!

Marcello

the_sandking
03-17-2011, 09:50 AM
If they moved your site or changed your IP, or started blocking outgoing HTTP/HTTPS connections (for instance) that would definitely cause a problem with your license.

Those are all examples of things your host could have done without notifying you that would cause a problem, but it is not an exhaustive list.

spiritoitaliano
03-17-2011, 05:40 PM
My server keeps saying that has not change anything in my site.
The only thing that I have done some hours before this problem happened was that I closed in the browser the admin page of a listing that I was updating with out saving it and for some hours every thing was ok. I know that this could not be the cause of my license server problem, yet this is the only thing I have done in the admin page and in the site.

Any one had this problem before? You can check on my site the restiction it is happening with no reason: florenceapartmentitaly.com

Grazie!

Marcello

the_sandking
03-17-2011, 06:35 PM
florenceapartmentitaly.com

Failed to connect to license server, please contact technical support for assistance or verify that your site has unrestricted access to the internet.The error you are receiving means what it says. Something is preventing OR from contacting the license server. Your host could have recently started restricting your account from making outbound HTTP(port 80) and HTTPS(port 443) connections to the internet entirely.

It could also be that your host or their upstream carrier is now intentionally blocking access to the IP where the license server is for some reason. The IP 72.52.238.210 must be reachable from your hosting account via ports 80 and 443.

spiritoitaliano
03-18-2011, 04:16 AM
Thank you very much for appreciated help!

My server says that they do not block any single port for single IP and nothing it is been changed. The following it is the details of the PING they gave me:

PING 72.52.238.210 (72.52.238.210) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 72.52.238.210: icmp_seq=1 ttl=58 time=125 ms
64 bytes from 72.52.238.210: icmp_seq=2 ttl=58 time=125 ms
64 bytes from 72.52.238.210: icmp_seq=3 ttl=58 time=125 ms
64 bytes from 72.52.238.210: icmp_seq=4 ttl=58 time=125 ms

Also they advice me to make a test under a specific Snippet PHP code in order to resolve the problem.
Is this a good advice, but how do you do a snippet, I try to be calm, yet this it start to be very complicated.

I hope some one solved this problem before and can give me any idea of what is the problem for receiving this error:

"Failed to connect to license server, please contact technical support for assistance or verify that your site has unrestricted access to the internet."

greengiant
03-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi,

Open a ticket with our Open-Realty sales team (http://www.transparent-support.com/billing/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=13) and they will be able to help you diagnose this issue. Include your Open-Realty admin login information as well FTP access to your site when you open the ticket.

spiritoitaliano
03-18-2011, 04:20 PM
This is a mistery, now everythings seams to be fine, without doing nothing. ??????

Thank you anyway to all of you!

Marcello

the_sandking
03-18-2011, 04:39 PM
This is a mistery, now everythings seams to be fine, without doing nothing. ??????

Maybe your host finally unblocked you.

It is very telling they used a ping and not a traceroute to try to show the route was unblocked.