PDA

View Full Version : MySQL Setup

nacomis
06-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Hi,
I can't connect to the database with OR. I created the database with phpMyAdmin and then ran the configurator. It said
... that's it -- you should be good to go... but there were no tables in the database. I have read several post about the making sure the username/password are correct in common.php. I have done this, I think. Should the username/password be admin/password or something else?

I don't have any experience with MySQL but with MSSql and Oracle you have to create users and grant them permissions on the database and tables. Do you have to do the same with MySQL? If so, that is probably my problem.

Thanks for the replies,

Jimmy

RealtyOne
06-10-2004, 11:12 PM
The common.php must be setup to suit your mysql database that you must setup prior to useing configurator.php

pbflash
06-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Do you have to do the same with MySQL

Yes you do. Then the username and password in common.php should be the username and password for the MySql user. With most hosts, you cannot create the user in PhpMyAdmin, there is usually a database manager on the control panel. From there you create the user and link the user to the database. Also, with a lot of hosts, the username and database name are pre-fixed by your main username.

Example: If your username is jsmith, the database name will be something like jsmith_tablename and the username would be jsmith_username.