PDA

View Full Version : I'm a newbie here. Can you guys help me?

amflores
06-22-2004, 08:18 PM
I was just searching through a lot of the members sites that uses open realty and noticed that there is a whole lot of modifying going on here. Is it me or is the open realty download only consist of a property seach for listings. I thought it was more robust. I was messing with the demo control panel and there's pretty much nothing to it.

Can someone help me clarify this. Am I missing something here? Believe me I'm not complaining. I just don't understand why this program is lacking so much functionality?

RealtyOne
06-22-2004, 10:38 PM
The script is based on what users want/request.
If enough people make a suggestion it has allways been implemented. Obviously the programmer is not psycic or a realestate agent so expecting him to know what is needed in a standard package is alot to ask.

Go and look at most GPL scripts they are all the same Thousands of mods that you add as you want. They are free but they are also base system.
OSCOMMERCE = base system of any Ecommerce site you want more use mods to do it.
PHP-NUKE Base system for a dynamic site but you need to add modules to get the best from it.

I could go on but there is no point if you cant see the logic allready you never will :)

amflores
06-23-2004, 02:01 AM
so does that mean that there is only the search listing capabilty with the bar bones script?

RealtyOne
06-23-2004, 04:19 AM
The listing search like the listing form content is completely customizable by anyone with form editing permissions (admin).
You can search by anything you want .

the_sandking
06-23-2004, 09:05 AM
so does that mean that there is only the search listing capabilty with the bar bones script?

I think the front page of the demo states what OR can do pretty well.

http://www.open-realty.org/demo/

RealEstate
06-23-2004, 10:56 AM
i think this program has MUCH functionality and MUCH flexibility.

amflores, what was it that you were hoping/wanting it to have?
perhaps somebody has already done it in this forum and we can
point you in the right direction.

amflores
06-23-2004, 01:45 PM
I want it to be able to have a page with the agents with a small peak of their qualifications. When you click on their picture it takes you to their own individal page. I just want to avoid having to code over 80 different pages for each agent. I thought it would be cool to simply enter their content and upload pic just like the listing search form thats already in the openrealty script so that it creates the pic via browser on the fly.

repustech
06-28-2004, 05:32 PM
amflores,

The system does do that, and a lot more. Maybe you should play around with the demo some more before bad talking the script.

FireB
06-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Hi Amflores,

You should check out the Mods section of this forum there you could find one I believe mick made one for OR.
See here a demo on his site userview (http://virtualrealty.dnyed.com/view_users.php)