PDA

View Full Version : Agent deletes listing by mistake

RealEstate
07-05-2004, 12:39 AM
Hi all,

What happens when an agent deletes a listing?

Is it removed completely from the database?

Will admin still have access to this listing and make it active again?

I think it would be a good idea for the admin to have access to this listing and make it active again in case the agent deleted it by mistake.

Thanks,
RealEstate

P.S. sorry if the answer to this is common knowledge. i'm not too quick on this programming/ database issues.

Mick
07-05-2004, 02:58 AM
When an agent deletes a listing it is removed completely from the database.

Fat Lizard
07-05-2004, 06:48 AM
Note to self:

Consider possibility at having a 'departure lounge' table, where deleted listings go, for definable nn days, and cleared either by cron, or at Admin discretion.

Whole 'departure lounge' routine to be turned On/Off in preferences ...

SmOkiNjOe
07-05-2004, 06:50 AM
.........But if the admin has been diligent, and made a daily backup of the database, he can restore the database to the last backup.

Fat Lizard
07-05-2004, 09:54 AM
.........But if ...

A 'departure lounge' for those not so diligent, or sure of how to operate the system?

A backup system would be good if it was automated for each day of the week, so the site automatically generates backups no more than 7 days old.

Trouble with any of these things is that they add one or more layers of complexity during use and administration, as they have to cater for the lowest common denominator, or System Admin in this case, as so need to be easily navigated and usable management.

Programming would be so much simpler if we didn't have to allow for errors or user mistakes.

RealtyOne
07-05-2004, 06:08 PM
An easy fix for this would be to alter the script a little so that on delete by agent the listing only gets made inactive thus available only to admin.

RealEstate
07-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Or simply remove the "Delete Listing" link from
http://open-realty.org/demo/admin/edit_my_listings.php

We simply tell the agent they need to set it to inactive.

Thanks all for the help.

ltp
07-12-2004, 07:23 PM
actually I think the best implementation would be to add a recycling bin that only certain people would get permissions to.

the mod shouldn't be too hard to implement. Most likely one file and a simple table in the database to be added.