PDA

View Full Version : Open-Realty or NOT?

repustech
07-16-2004, 03:29 AM
So what do you all think, is this an open-realty script that has been modified?

http://www.realtorbonanza.com/demo/

I found it while browsing realestatetalks.com and noticed some similarities. Below are the login names and passwords.

Agent User Name: John Smith
Agent Password: john

Admin User Name: agent
Admin Password: agent

Fkatt
07-16-2004, 08:07 AM
I think that it is somewhat modded, but I think it is OR. Even the menu with those little orange arrows on the horizontal scroll bar were actually on another persons show-off site or template site I have seen within the past couple months. Also, the admin area underneath in the source looks like OR. I hate to shout witch when in fact I am not sure, but I believe it is OR to about a 90% certainty, even some of the links are the same, but one of the developers developers of OR would have to confirm that. I didn't see OR mention in the source which violates GPL/GNU agreement.

just my 2 cents.

-Fkatt

RealEstate
07-16-2004, 11:38 AM
I agree with FKatt. The designer has posted in this forum before. This deffinetly has some features that remind you of OR. The designer did a great overall job customizing the site which makes it very clean and professional. I like the Open House mod he did. Good job!

repustech
07-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Yes, I think you are right. I think the designer was trying to make this their own script. I too looked at the source for a sign of the Open-Realty name but didn't find it.

But you do have to give the dude props on his modifications. The overall site looks nice.

Will
07-16-2004, 05:37 PM
We should try to get to know this guy. He has some seriously mad modding skills.

firstimecaller
07-16-2004, 06:53 PM
kinda funny: "feel out this form" to request more info on a property.

Fkatt
07-16-2004, 11:30 PM
I have a feeling he already knows us. There are some things there that other modders have already done almost to a T. I think he probably has been hanging around the board for a while.

RealEstate
07-17-2004, 01:32 AM
LOL It is funny...hope he reads your post and corrects it.

ltp
07-19-2004, 06:51 AM
We should try to get to know this guy. He has some seriously mad modding skills.

Serious modding skills? ummm i dont think so haha.
Anyone that is good with php can make modifcations to OR very easy. The only thing is understanding the nature of the v1.x code.

Also I do not believe from what I can see of the site so far that it is using any open-realty code. But I could not view any of the listings because the DB connection was slow. So therefore the search page was not infact doing any DB access which OR does when it is looking for field names to display the search page.

Fkatt
07-19-2004, 07:53 AM
I could be wrong, so much of it acts like OR though...

-Fkatt

Will
07-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Itp
Serious modding skills? ummm i dont think so haha.

At the risk of sounding like I am that guy, which I am not. I just meant to say that its better than most I have seen on the board. Have a look at the showing off page on this board for proof.

If we might see your work we might say the same about you.

Just an example.
Look at the guys contact the agent form on the listing page. He has info from the listing in the text area. The address and price are allready there.

There are alot of users of this board who can't get the contact form working at all, or require 6 pages of replies to get there. Nothing against those users, I am one of them.