PDA

View Full Version : Where do I start!

marian
07-16-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm a php idiot but I thought changing the main header would be simple enough, so I quickly created a test JPEG - title - and replaced the original with that. The result is squished as you'll see on http://www.bymnews.com/property/ What did I do wrong?

If I've run into trouble on this simple thing, will I ever be able to set up our OR pages? I'm quite prepared to use the standard template for starters, but I do need to be able to change some things.

For example, we are Europe based and over here the notion that a house listing should include whether, or not, it has a microwave is bizarre! So, in order to start (later I'm prepared to pay for mods if this kicks off) I need to be able to create a title I want, change the home page text and alter the boxes people would tick when they add an entry.

Any help welcomed if you think a php prat can do this. If not, please tell me so I can look elsewhere for an idiot proof property script.

In case you think that anyone who can install OR should be capable of modifying it, I should add that my host has Fantastico, so the installation was automatically done.

RealtyOne
07-16-2004, 08:50 PM
It is easier to work with than you would be finding at the moment. :)
First up does fantistico give you the availability of the readme file?
Once read through even though outdated it will help alot with changes.
If you dont have the files i sugest starting out by downloading the actual package. By doing that you know what you have is the latest available version and that you have all files.

The image you have placed online replaces the log but not the background this would be a table layout problem or the image size problem.
Be sure that you have the image in a single coloum table not a split one.

marian
07-17-2004, 01:14 PM
Fantastico did install the read me file and I have read them and, like you say, a lot of things are easier to change than I first thought.
What I've decided to do is take a short cut (not enough hours in each day to delve as much as I'd like) and buy a template to achieve something to start with that more or less fits my needs.