PDA

View Full Version : Admin Problems

Brettus
07-17-2004, 03:57 PM
I think I have everything else done correctly. configurator.php ran fine... all the pages display properly.

The only problem I have is with the admin area. I can sign up, but once I sign up... when I try to log in with the name I just registered, it doesn't recognize it or.. I get a 405 error. I tried to research what a 405 error was, btu I was unlucky.

I am pretty sure the database/etc is all set up correctly.

I read in another thread that the register_globals could be the cause of this type of problem.

The site is..

http://www.soulmachete.com/dean/
the admin area is
http://www.soulmachete.com/dean/admin/

thanks
Brettus

Mick
07-17-2004, 05:16 PM
almost certainly your register_globals are off....

Brettus
07-17-2004, 11:46 PM
What would I need to do in order to fix this problem. My hosting company is hostonce.com and I don't know if it is something that I can fix myself or if I would have to request that they change something with their entire system.

I don't even really know what register_global is.

Thanks,
Brettus

Mick
07-18-2004, 02:25 AM
search the forums..

First double check it by creating a phpinfo() file... second.. if it is off.. then ask your host to turn it on (usually they won't) and if that fails creat an .htaccess file to turn it on... you can find the howto's already answered on the forums

Brettus
07-18-2004, 02:30 AM
Sorry if these questions are redundant.

I created a phpinfo file...

http://www.soulmachete.com/dean/phpinfo.php

According to that, register_global is on, but other than that.. I don't know what else to look for that would be causing the problem.

I have read in the forum about the .htaccess file, I will look into it more and keep trying stuff...

Thanks again,
Brettus

Brettus
07-19-2004, 01:51 AM
Does anyone have any clue? I have created a .htaccess, that did not work.
The phpinfo says my reg_globe are ON.. and I keep getting a 405 error when
I try to log in.

Thanks
Brettus

Brettus
07-19-2004, 02:08 AM
One thing that it could be, or that I would think would have an effect... all of my data is on a windows server. the permissions are all set to 666 universally throughout my directories... and through reasearch, I have learned that unfortunately you have to get administraton to CHMOD the files to what you desire.. could a rw-rw-rw- setting be holding me back?

Thanks,
Brettus

Mick
07-19-2004, 04:52 AM
could be.. but it actually appears to be database related now that I take a closer look at it....

you have no listings in the database... your total listings on the home page shows up as (0)... and... if I try to run your configurator.php it ran fine without errors.. which it shouldn't do if it already has the data in teh database...

Double check your database settings in your common.php file... they seem to be incorrect.

ltp
07-19-2004, 06:36 AM
also check your baseurl ;)

Brettus
07-19-2004, 09:44 AM
The only thing I could think could be wrong with the DB, is my database definition file. It is currently set to the database's name, soulmachetecom.. that's it.

What exactly is the DB Definition file... I will try and look it up.

Thanks,
Brettus

Brettus
07-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Ok... here is my common... i changed the server from localhost to that IP address. configurator takes a lot longer, and then has an error in the middle of it.. but it makes me think it is actually connecting to the database...

I just recreated the database, and have yet to run configurator... I will let one of you do that, to see if you can recognize what it is doing.

<?php
///////////////////////////////////////////////////
// common include file
// you will have to set your preferences below...
// please be careful with this file -- make a backup if you're at all worried
// about screwing stuff up.

$config = array();
global $config;

// SITE INFORMATION
// make sure this info is accurate
$config['version'] = '1.1.4'; //Do Not Modify
// Your site's web address (don't forget the http://) - leave off the trailing slash
$config['baseurl'] = 'http://www.soulmachete.com/dean';
// The actual location of openlistings on the machine -- leave off the trailing slash
// Windows users need to use double slashes eg. c:\\www\\open-realty
$config['basepath'] = 'd:\\home\Default\soulmachete.com\htdocs\dean';
$config['admin_name'] = 'Brett Haralson'; // Your name -- all email will come from this name
$config['admin_email'] = 'brettharalson@yahoo.com'; // all email which is sent from the site will come from this address
$config['site_title'] = 'Dean Realty'.$config['version']; // Site title
$config['company_name'] = 'Dean Real Estate, Inc.'; // Company Name used on Legal Page.
$config['company_location'] = 'of Sedgwick County, Kansas'; // Company Location for header. E.g. "of Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania"
$config['company_logo'] = ''; //Location of company logo.

// DATABASE TYPE
// default is mysql -- make sure you edit this file
// to make sure DB settings are correct!
global $db_type;
$db_type = 'mysql';
// possible choices are: access, ado, db2, ado_access, vfp, fbsql, ibase
// firebird, borland_ibase, informix, mssql, mysql, mysqlt, maxsql, oci8
// oci8po, odbc, oracle, postgres, postgres7, sqlanywhere, sybase

$db_user = 'soulmachetecom'; //database user
$db_password = ''; //database password
$db_database = 'soulmachetecom'; //database definition file
$db_server = '192.168.14.188'; //database server -- usually localhost, but one never knows

// The following is needed only if you are going to use the builtin mysql backup untility.
// Not required for most functions in the backup utility.
$phpmyadmin = 'http://127.0.0.1/mysql/index.php'; // Path to phpMyAdmin
// The following needs to me set to no if your server does not allow you to create indexes.
$config['manage_index_permissions'] = 'Yes';
// Table Prefix
// this allows multiple sites to use the same database, change the value below to a unique
// value for every site. Leave it as is for single site installs.

$config['table_prefix'] = "default_";

and also, FYI.. here is what my host has on their Mysql page for me.. this may help you out, maybe not...

mySQL

You have access to one mySQL database that you can use.

Database Name: soulmachetecom
Username: soulmachetecom

Please note that when connecting to the database from a script on your website you must use the internal server IP on our network which is 192.168.14.188
If you are connecting externally using MySQL connection software the IP is 208.170.149.188

You can connect to the database using PHP or via ASP with the following connection string:
DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=192.168.14.188;UID=soulmachetecom
;PWD={insert password here};database=soulmachetecom;Option=16386

Brettus
07-19-2004, 07:54 PM
I am begging here. I wish I knew what to do, but web based programming is not my specialty. I am a computer science student, I wish I knew, but I am now at your mercy.

If anyone can give me any sort of help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Brettus

the_sandking
07-19-2004, 08:07 PM
You need to edit your post (or maybe Mick or GG can do it) and remove the password from your DB info.. You don't want to display that stuff to the world.

database definition file is the actual DB file, you seem to have that correct.

I would change the DB server's IP address, but the .188 one seems to be the best choice. Try it anyway..

ERROR - create index idx_searchable on default_listingsFormElements (searchable)

This likely means that you can't create indexes.. There is a setting in 'common.php' for setting this Yes/No..

Brettus
07-20-2004, 02:34 AM
Ok, I set the common.php to NO index, that didn't work.. so I manually commented out all the create index commands in the configurator..

That worked beautifully, I now have one listing in my database, along with a picture...

I can do everything now...

Now for the big question, the main reason I will be using this is for a independent realtor to keep track of his houses, and they will not be available for the public to see.. it will basically be his own personal database.

So, I want to retool it a bit. My main objective is to eleminate a lot of the "features" elements, just keep the price/sq feet/zip and address.. and add elements such as Tax/appraisal/and acct num..
How hard is it, and where woudl I even start to change all the code to conform to waht I want.

My guess would I would start with the configurator, and the way it creates the databases. And then from there, where would I go?

I don't even know php and sql.. I am a programmer, but mainly in C, which thankfully php is a lot like..

the_sandking
07-20-2004, 05:36 PM
Spend some time using "Edit Listings Template" in the /admin area. Afetr you begin to understand how things work you will know what you need to change.

Most of what you described can be done without altering code at all.