Yet Another Real Eastate Web Site

check this out

http://realestate.lootah.com

Torgen
07-18-2004, 08:54 AM
That's *nice*!

KXS
07-19-2004, 05:26 PM
nice work on the layout, I usually see lots of tacky implementitions of open-realty, this one works for me...

lasor
07-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Nice clean site. I like what you have done with the featured properties.
I dont suppose this is an available mod !!!!!

Lasor

lanesharon
07-20-2004, 06:54 PM
Clean and crisp, with nice graphics. But I need to be a little more critical.

On a dialup connection, (I am stuck with one for the summer) it starts scrolling the featured listings before it finishes loading the pics. The scrolling is a nice technique, but you have to consider your website from your customer's point of view. Dialup connection causes a slow load. High speed connects might cause it to scroll too fast to click on the entries. Your audience is a combination of both. Too many featured listings would cause them to seem not so 'featured'. One or two pics don't warrant the scrolling. It then becomes a little longer to load without a real purpose.

You may want to make the graphics at the top a little smaller, so that you can get the pics on one line. That would enable you to move the rest of your page up and show your featured listings on the page without scrolling down. Internet research shows that customers want the 'meat' of the page in the displayable size - no scrolling.

Actually, it might be more aesthetically pleasing to see the logo and "world of choices" and the top right pics in the solid blue boxed pics (that change) on the left. There are three of them - might be nice to rotate the logo around.

Are you going to make the listed items (residential apartments, commercial, etc.) actual anchor text links at some point? Would be nice for the SE's and the customers.

A few of the pics on the actual listings could be made smaller, since clicking on them displays them in full size.

Now, you may think with all these comments that I don't really like the site. But, I gotta tell you, I think it is the nicest OR site I have seen so far. Or I wouldn't bother taking the time to scrutinize it thoroughly and make some tweaking suggestions. Very nice work. Pat yourself on the back.

Take Care, Sharon
http://www.rare-cancer.org

Patiently waiting for 2.0 and more than willing to be a tester!

ltp
07-21-2004, 05:34 AM
well it looks as if you hosting has gone down.
also from looking at the whois record of lootah.com it seems pretty scary and i would go as far as saying it seems like a spammer.... no one has 15 different dns sites that are all different. something is up with that.

sonjay
07-23-2004, 02:48 PM
I get no scrolling featured listings in Exploder, Safari, Mozilla or Firefox on my Mac. In fact, I get no featured listing picture at all, just an empty white square with the Featured Listing heading above it.

Other than that, very nice job. I like the layout a lot.

brilliants
08-17-2004, 10:29 AM
Thanks very very much for all the replies.

some of you might had bad experiance in connecting to the site, for the fact, we are hosting it with us, and it was down for couple of hours due to some technical problem.

about the scrolling listing feature, its just a script i got it from www.dynamicdrive.com, i have to admit, yes it wont work on every browser but with some assumption on the visitors to the site, it works with ie and netscape 4+

othe than that .. i have to work on the rest suggestions right now!

thanks for the feedback,
really supportive :-)

-------------------------------------------
yet another Real Estate Web Site
http://realestate.lootah.com