PDA

View Full Version : Google Adsense

ereed
07-20-2004, 10:17 AM
I've just started trying to use adsense on a free FSBO site. Has anybody had any success using adsense or other affiliate programs?

I'd like to be able to cover the expenses of running the site.

Let me know if you've had any success. Also, the google ads aren't very relavent to my users, any way to improve this?

Here's the site: www.misellbyowner.com

I'd think the ads would work better at the top, but they don't look good at the top. Any idea's?

RealEstate
07-20-2004, 10:55 AM
I think they look good at the bottom as well they way you have them.
Another alternative is to place them right below your red banner.

RealEstate

Nice website by the way.

siestaguy
08-29-2004, 09:56 AM
I noticed that you no longer have the Google AdSense advertisements on your site. Was that because you weren't earning much PPC revenue?

ereed
08-29-2004, 10:31 AM
I still have them, however, I've replaced the public service ad with a revenue generating one. So if Adsense doesn't have anything, a mortgage loan ad appears.

I'm getting 5000 page views per month, but not generating any revenue (less than one click per week)

siestaguy
09-01-2004, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Your site looks pretty good... I'm going to have to reconsider my hope of creating an OR website that would rely on AdSense as its sole source of revenue (free listings). I see that you're not charging for the first six months. BTW, I noticed that the word "time" is missing from "for a limited, your listing will be free..."

ivan
09-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Hi All, I have been using Google adsense for a while now on http://rentalindy.com. I make roughly $10USD per day! I guess it depends if people come to your site and they want something related but do not find it :-)

P.S. If you are visiting my site and would like to support me please click on a few ads!

ereed
09-02-2004, 10:08 PM
How much traffic per day are you getting to generate that? I'm doing aroud 5000/month, but not getting near that level of clicks.

ivan
09-03-2004, 10:13 AM
Are you getting 5000 hits a month, 5000 unique Visitors, or 5000 page views?

I get on average 1000 page views a day on http://rentalindy.com but this varies quite a bit. I get the largest number of visitors on a Tuesday and then it drops down toward the end of the week?

I also pay for Google adwords advertising so I kind of like the idea of making this money back from them.... I really only break even over time! But there is nothing wrong with that!

jared
12-07-2004, 07:37 PM
ivan, ereed, I visited both your sites and they are quite nice. What version of Open-Realty are you using? Are you using Open-Realty?