PDA

View Full Version : Awd Predem design

awddesign
08-02-2004, 10:28 AM
Hi

Here is a predemo of a Template we are working on.

It is designed so that you get an idea how to design a Template
for OR 1.1.0

Also help you prepare for OR 2.0 Template design.

As I said it is predemo so you also need to do some work.

Up date:

Please use frobn main.php for links see below

thank you Frobn

file extensions: zip

predemo.zip predemo.zip (12.2 KB)
http://www.open-realty.org/support/attachment.php?attachmentid=108&stc=1

marian
08-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Having uploaded it to the templates forlder, I dont know how to make it the default template, instead of the mod to vertical menu that I've been working on? Could u explain, I'm sure it's really simple. Thanks.

awddesign
08-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Hi Marian

in the template folder

template/generic
/vertical-menu
/predemo

so the common.php file should be like this:

should read like this:
///////////////////////////////////////////////////
// TEMPLATE DATA
//$config[template_path] = $config[basepath].'/template/generic'; // leave off the trailing slashes
//$config[template_url] = $config[baseurl].'/template/generic'; // leave off the trailing slashes
//$config['template_path'] = $config['basepath'].'/template/vertical-menu'; // leave off the trailing slashes
//$config['template_url'] = $config['baseurl'].'/template/vertical-menu'; // leave off the trailing slashes
$config['template_path'] = $config['basepath'].'/template/predemo'; // leave off the trailing slashes
$config['template_url'] = $config['baseurl'].'/template/predemo'; // leave off the trailing slashes

include($config['template_path'].'/style.php'); // style definitions

Hope that helps.

Al

frobn
08-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Al,

Thanks for posting the predemo. It is good to see css code being used for the project. I made a few corrections and simplified the menu code. It had table components but there were no tables and its always good to eliminate tables that don't contain tabular data where possible. The menu is a simple list with each list item containing a sub list. I didn't check the code against the style sheet but it should work without modification.

menu.php

<div id="navcontainer">
<ul id="navlist">

<li class="menuheader"><b>Menu</b>

<ul>
<li><a href="<?php echo $config[baseurl]; ?>/listingsearch.php">Search Listings</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo $config[baseurl]; ?>/listing_browse.php">Browse Listings</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo $config[baseurl]; ?>/latest_listings.php">Latest Listings</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo $config[baseurl]; ?>/rentalsearch.php">Rentals</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo $config[baseurl]; ?>/listing_browse.php?type%5B%5D=Residental">Residential</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo $config[baseurl]; ?>/listing_browse.php?type%5B%5D=Commercial">Commercial</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo $config[baseurl]; ?>/listing_browse.php?type%5B%5D=Land">Vacant Land</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo $config[baseurl]; ?>/listing_browse.php?type%5B%5D=farms">Rural</a></li>
</ul>
</li>

<li class= "menuheader">Member Tools

<ul>
<li><a href="<?php echo $config[baseurl]; ?>/modules/list_public.php">Join Mail List</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo $config[baseurl]; ?>/members/listfavorites.php">My Favorites</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo $config[baseurl]; ?>/members/listsavedsearches.php">Saved Searches</a></li>
</ul>
</li>

<li class = "header">Resources

<ul>
<li><a href="<?php echo $config[baseurl]; ?>/modules/calculators/simulator.php">Loan Simulator</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo $config[baseurl]; ?>/modules/glossary.php">Glossary</a></li>
<li><a href="<?php echo $config[baseurl]; ?>/modules/calculators/calculators.php">Calculators</a></li>
</ul>
</li>

<li class = "header">Log In
<ul>

<li><a href="<?php echo $config[baseurl]; ?>/admin/index.php">Log In</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</div>

Edited the code. The closing </div> was not included in the original post

awddesign
08-03-2004, 09:55 AM
Hi frobn

thank you

Lots more happening soon :)

Al

marian
08-03-2004, 10:13 AM
Hi Marian
// TEMPLATE DATA
//$config[template_path] = $config[basepath].'/template/generic'; // leave off the trailing slashes
//$config[template_url] = $config[baseurl].'/template/generic'; // leave off the trailing slashes
//$config['template_path'] = $config['basepath'].'/template/vertical-menu'; // leave off the trailing slashes
//$config['template_url'] = $config['baseurl'].'/template/vertical-menu'; // leave off the trailing slashes
$config['template_path'] = $config['basepath'].'/template/predemo'; // leave off the trailing slashes
$config['template_url'] = $config['baseurl'].'/template/predemo'; // leave off the trailing slashes

include($config['template_path'].'/style.php'); // style definitions

Hope that helps.

Al
Thanks a lot.

reality
09-16-2004, 09:17 AM
Hi , sorry I do excactly the same steps explaines below but the home doesn't change
Ive unpload the floder templete to templates
opened the common.php I've tried first to change generic by the new name template no chance ...........T've tried to add the new 2 lines similar to the generic but whith the new templete name no chance can you help me
sorry for my english
soy novato en todo
regards

awddesign
09-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Hi , sorry I do excactly the same steps explaines below but the home doesn't change
Ive unpload the floder templete to templates
opened the common.php I've tried first to change generic by the new name template no chance ...........T've tried to add the new 2 lines similar to the generic but whith the new templete name no chance can you help me
sorry for my english
soy novato en todo
regards
Hi

This design you need to do the work.
Down load my free templates 1st .

Al

pgrunwald
12-28-2004, 05:14 PM
I just installed this and I'm not getting any menu. I did make the change as per frobn.

Am I missing something?

P.

awddesign
12-31-2004, 05:11 AM
Hi P

this is more an advanced design for OR. You will need to slice the design from the index.php which has cut of points listed for the design.

Just make a blank user top and user bottom file and put content from index.php into them.

Al

ps this was also gettng ready for 2.0 designing

I just installed this and I'm not getting any menu. I did make the change as per frobn.

Am I missing something?

P.

rgpayne
12-31-2004, 02:13 PM
Is there any expected date or timeframe for version2 to be released

Hi

Also help you prepare for OR 2.0 Template design.

awddesign
12-31-2004, 11:26 PM
Is there any expected date or timeframe for version2 to be released
Hi
you would need to go to :
2.0 Development Discussion for that one..

Al

Fkatt
04-07-2005, 05:31 AM
Could you re-post that template with the fixed changes?

-Fkatt