PDA

View Full Version : EMERGENCY.....im getting crazy !!

galo
08-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Im in the last few hours before the deadline of a site that im developing,

My problem is...

We have the usertop, the menu and the part when shows listings, searching, etc etc. This last part or section i need to set up the width(620px) and aling (left)

Please help me.....

Thanks

frobn
08-06-2004, 01:38 PM
I have coded around similar design problems by having two user_top files and using an if statement to include the appropriate user_top. Without seen your site and code I don't know whether it would be feasible for you.

MjrGaelic
08-07-2004, 12:03 AM
If i gather correctly you will find what you are looking for in the style.php something about the admin_table_width or something like that

Without a URL it's hard to tell through.

keira
08-17-2004, 08:45 PM
I have coded around similar design problems by having two user_top files and using an if statement to include the appropriate user_top. Without seen your site and code I don't know whether it would be feasible for you.

this is probably a stupid question ... buttt..
if you have an 'if' statement, could you design a layout with two different sizings, for ppl viewing on different resolutions??
do you know if it is possible to even detect those settings from the viewer?? i didn't think so but i wondered what your post was talking about ..

as you can tell im quite new to php and this open realty site!! :)

ltp
08-18-2004, 12:41 AM
this is probably a stupid question ... buttt..
if you have an 'if' statement, could you design a layout with two different sizings, for ppl viewing on different resolutions??
you can but you would need to pass the variables with javascript. basically you would have an enterance page that used javascript to detect the resolution, then you would pass that to the script and most likely set it into the session. after getting the variable in the session you would put in a switch statement because you are probably going to use several different resolution sizes.

it can get fairly complex but it is possible.

keira
08-18-2004, 09:45 PM
you can but you would need to pass the variables with javascript. basically you would have an enterance page that used javascript to detect the resolution, then you would pass that to the script and most likely set it into the session. after getting the variable in the session you would put in a switch statement because you are probably going to use several different resolution sizes.

it can get fairly complex but it is possible.

oh thats good to know! thats one of the most frustrating things to me about webdesign when you design a layout that looks horrible in a different res..

ill hang on to this, dont think im up to doing anything that complex just yet!

hotwired
08-26-2004, 04:04 AM
This is unrelated to the original post, but I've managed to compile a template that detects your browser and:
1. will put a different header up (for those top headers that are completely graphics so the graphic stretches all the way with no white space) and also will use a different style sheet. I'ts very small javascript and very handy. I usually just make 2 style sheets and name them 2 different things, then if I see something doesn't look right in one res, I change the appropriate style sheet. Now all my sites have this and it's quite user friendly. Let me know ifyou want and I'll email it to you or post the code. No, wait, here's the code here!! you put these tags in your head, and you still use the rel stylesheet tag just in case a browser won't recognize the browser recognition script

<!-- Include this link tag for browser not running javascript -->
<Link rel="stylesheet" href="styles/index.css" type="text/css">

<!-- The javascript when enabled, over rifes the above link tag -->
<!-- Set variable stylesheets for Internet Explorer users -->
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" src="js/index.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

and here's the index.js script here ...

// index.js
// -------------
// choose the appropriate stylesheet according to
// the user's screen resolution

if (screen.width == 640) {
document.write('<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style800.css">');
}
if (screen.width == 800) {
document.write('<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style800.css">');
}
if (screen.width == 1024) {