PDA

View Full Version : Any update

neparealtor.com
08-14-2004, 04:42 PM
Any update on 2.0. I've been looking foward to it.

Fkatt
08-14-2004, 07:03 PM
I think everyones looking forward to it, I am looking more forward to 2.0 than X-mas or Halloween, and I LOVE halloween. Dammit, I don't want to wait any longer, but eh, it takes as long as it takes. In the mean time I am working on some stuff on my own. I have created some mods for 1.5 that give it a graphical interface that is kind of snappy. I am about 50% done with it and will post some screenshots when I can. I don't know if I will be able to post the code since i have bastaradized it ALOT by using flash for the interactivity, or so I am told. But if I get permission I will post some of it as a mod package.

-Fkatt

neparealtor.com
08-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Yep I feel the same exact way. I think I have done as much mods to my o-r as can be done. Most of which has been done on the admin side. A great idea would to have a stat or logging system in 2.0. All I want for xmas is my 2 front teeth......errrr my or 2 release, my or 2 realease. Keep up the good work.

Mick
08-14-2004, 07:55 PM
I'm sure everybody is looking forward to 2.0 I know I sure am.

Like anything... it takes as long as it takes...

Keep in mind that Ryan must deal with Real life issues, paying clients and server issues before he can put time into 2.0. And, like anybody, he gets burned out on coding from time to time as well which 'causes delays.

In addition to that Ryan must also wait for lazy people like me to port over mods such as the virtual tour mod to 2.0 so that it can be integrated as a feature and not an add-on.

Another thing to point out is that this is a major rewrite of all the code, no small feat, and making sure that all the bugs are squashed and compatability is fully tested will take some time. At this point I'd say there's about 2 weeks of work to do before an ALPHA test/preview version could be released. The Final version... who knows... depends on what new issues are found during the alpha releases.

ltp
08-16-2004, 02:10 AM
and dont forget about the busy people like me that just have sparatic moments of working on it when there is time.

i finally got my developer information after we recently changed from cvs to svn so now the work beings again ;)