PDA

View Full Version : Question about sorting order

marklbishop
08-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Is it possible that I can set a default sort order for the browse page and designate in the admin the listings that I want to default to show up on top?

Any thoughts on this?

pbflash
08-18-2004, 11:18 PM
You could add a sort order field and then in listingbrowse.php change the sql to order by the sort order field.

marklbishop
08-19-2004, 09:02 AM
I'll give this a try. So would I have to edit the listing_browse page, and the edit_listing page? I'll dive into it later tomorrow.

Thanks.

pbflash
08-19-2004, 11:03 AM
You would only need to change the listing_browse page. The new field should automatically show on the edit_listing page.

marklbishop
08-20-2004, 07:51 AM
You would only need to change the listing_browse page. The new field should automatically show on the edit_listing page.

Are you saying that I should add it in the Listing Template? Wouldn't that make the sort order show up as a listing element? I don't want it to show up in the listing. I want it more like the "Featured Listing" option that affects the listing but it's not shown when the listing is viewed. Shouldn't it be added to the listingsDB table? Or am I off base here?

Thanks

pbflash
08-20-2004, 08:59 AM
I actually thought about that on my way to work this morning. You should add it to listingDB and then you would need to modify the add listing and edit listing files to show the field. Then modify listing browse to sort by that field.