PDA

View Full Version : Intermail Initial Release

Caleb
09-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Here it is, just follow the instructions and your good to go.

Features
1. Required that you enter only one line of code into your current site.
2. Next to the link it will display how many unread messages you have.
3. Smilies supported. default is set to yes, Change this in the config file
4. Word Filters Supported. default is set to yes, Change this in the config file
5. Ability to set the Filter responce and the header filter repy responce
6. Max Unread messages settings. Set the max, currently 25 of unread messages aloud.
7. Address Book. Taken strait from the current database. Users will see only agents.
while agents will see all members. (active only of course)
8. CSS controlled all the way. To modify colors and background image.
9. Added stats report for admins, admins can view or delete any messages they want.

CHANGELOG
Initial release
091704a
improved filter system
091704b
added statistics system allowing admins to view and delete all messages.
091704c
Fixed bug that allowed admins and agents to view stats. now only admins can.
091804a
resolved security issue with statistics page.
options like background/text colors and greeting by username name are now in the config file.
DATABASE UPDATE (you must modify or replace your current im database with the one provided in this release.)
Added Outbox
Added Email notification (this relies on a real email address taken from the userDB.)
Spam Resistant, Disables sending a message to the same person more then once within a set amount of time.
Intermail window now larger.
091904a
Fixed glitch in outbox
Few bug fixes
Fixed smilies.
Added Letter and Question mark to smilie list.

Note:with most all changes its just a matter of replacing the contents of the im folder with the new files. unless noted.

Fkatt
09-17-2004, 09:48 PM
I can't wait to try it out... Thanks so much for you contribution..

-Fkatt

ican
09-18-2004, 03:15 PM
I dowloaded intermail [091704a]
What has changed since?
I notice it is now intermail [091704c]

c instead of a

GREAT MOD by the way.
Thanks

neparealtor.com
09-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Nice Mod. I know i'd love this one. Very easy to set up, and no errors as well. Nicely done Caleb. I really like the address book.

Caleb
09-18-2004, 10:03 PM
First off i need some input. are their features that you would like to see? are there any bugs that you would like to report?
Second i am making a help section for the less then intuitive persons in using this module. but i am not sure what to put into it cause i have not gotten any questions about how to use it. is there something that should be put in there?
something that would help the commen user?

Things to look forward to in the next release.
1. Cleaner code.
2. Config file now allows you to select font families and control much more of the look of the module. though i might dump this for a more themed base system.
3. Help section.
4. Outbox.
5. Spam Resistant
6. Better Theme Support (also larger screen)
7. Email Notification

neparealtor.com
09-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Its a pritty straight forward mod. Everything is self explanitory. I did notice when you click on stats though it just looks like the inbox.

Caleb
09-18-2004, 10:37 PM
Stats give you the To and the From. it also lets you view messages and delete them, however you cannot respond to them...

Its a pritty straight forward mod. Everything is self explanitory. I did notice when you click on stats though it just looks like the inbox.

Caleb
09-20-2004, 01:12 AM
check out the new release. its pretty nice.

neparealtor.com
09-20-2004, 10:01 AM
The icons are mixed up. When I send an im with the devil in it I get a smiley face.

Caleb
09-20-2004, 03:30 PM
Tasks are to

1. get the Intermail to popup centered on the screen. (SOLVED)
2. next is to get the address book to pop up just left of that.

Its working with forumlas in java and i just dont know enough about it.
Any help would be wonderful. all java code is in the Java.php file.

when i solve both i will make next release.

neparealtor.com
09-20-2004, 04:12 PM
this would be for the impopper.php

<?
$sql = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM default_im WHERE sentto = '$username' AND status = 'unread'");
$num = mysql_num_rows($sql);
?>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

<!-- Begin
function NewWindow(mypage, myname, w, h, scroll) {
var winl = (screen.width - w) / 2;
var wint = (screen.height - h) / 2;
winprops = 'height='+h+',width='+w+',top='+wint+',left='+winl +',scrollbars='+scroll+',resizable'
win = window.open(mypage, myname, winprops)
if (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4) { win.window.focus(); }
}
// End -->
</script>
<a href="<? echo "$config[baseurl]/modules/im/index.php" ?>" onclick="NewWindow(this.href,'name','600','400','no');retur n false;">Intermail</a>

</a>

Please note there is not suppose to be a space in return before the false;#
I will reply back with the info for the address book

Caleb
09-20-2004, 06:40 PM
thanks one down one to go!

Caleb
09-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Now centered on your screen all nice and pretty. The new Intermail will have online notification.

I added a field to the UserDB table, yes i know i am evil, bite me. it had to be there i tried a new table but it would have been too much trouble. its just an activity field that is updated everytime the person access any page. (i put the link to the update file in the footer files. heh) anyway when in Intermail it will tell you how long the person has been on, idle, offline, or in some cases dead. and if they are dead for a long time then they are a ghost. fun with smilies. anyway there you have it or will soon. ba

Caleb
09-22-2004, 03:56 AM
Why such a big jump you ask? well you will know when you see it! its going to blow your mind. heh well kinda. i cleaned up the code and added some features that are to die for. Included the activity monitor, which by the way can be used on any webpage to get the current status of any user. your going to like this next release. i know it. hang tight! I will start a new thread with it cause its that big a jump haha.

neparealtor.com
09-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Ok time for the last part of the javascript. This will put the address book to the right of the intermail index page. In the java.php add

<!-- New popup for addressbook-->

function shortPopUp( url, name, width, height, scrollbars ) {
var top = "280";
var left = "130";

if( scrollbars == null ) scrollbars = "0";

str = "";
str += "resizable=1,titlebar=0,menubar=0,";
str += "toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,";
str += "scrollbars=" + scrollbars + ",";
str += "width=" + width + ",";
str += "height=" + height + ",";
str += "top=" + top + ",";
str += "left=" + left;

window.open( url, name, str );
}

<!-- done-->
make sure it is between <script language="JavaScript">
and </script>

now in the header.php replace:

echo "<li><a href=\"javascript:;\" onClick=\"remote()\">Address Book</a></li>";

with:

echo "<li><a href=\"javascript:shortPopUp( 'address.php', 'popup', 200, 400 )\">Address Book</a></li>";

and thats it. you can adjust the position of it by editing this part: (added to java.php)
var top = "280";
var left = "130";

Caleb
09-23-2004, 02:31 AM
i made a few changes to it to get it all good. my only problem with it is that one popup window is smaller then the other one haha. i mean like the actual boreder is a little smaller. funky. <- cause was that it was resizeable. silly me, actually silly cause that part of the code was yours. heh jk

New release is almost done. Its beautiful.

i am having to make a help file cause the GUI has some tricks to it.