PDA

View Full Version : In search for experienced php programmers.

Caleb
09-28-2004, 10:07 PM
For a join project to clean up and beef up OR.

Alot of work is already done. but i am looking for one or two people who would like to join me in my efforts. The concept is to produce a light fast and complete developers edition of OR.

As just starting this stage it is open to have any mods built into it. i have already added several. everything is running smoothly at the moment its just alot of work for one person.

If your interested and feel qualified let me know.

There is no pay for this. just the final product.

Caleb
10-04-2004, 05:49 PM
This project is still very much alive. any help would be great.

Caleb
10-12-2004, 04:20 AM
just fine i'll do it all myself haha.

RealEstate
10-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Hey Caleb,

I would help...if I knew programming and decent html.

If you need testing...let me know. I'll play with the admin and user sides.

ResaleBroker
10-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Same here Caleb,
I know just enough and no more.

Caleb
10-15-2004, 09:23 PM
i have been doing web developement for about 5 years. i have about 2 months php experience. its more importaint on how fast you can find answers then what you know this moment.

frobn
10-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Hi Caleb,

I wish I knew more about programming as I believe your project will be a major advancement in the OR community. While I can't help with programming if you post or send me the files like listing view and browsing view I can work on getting them up standards with css and xhtml.

Regards,
Frank

Fat Lizard
10-17-2004, 08:51 AM
Unfortunately, with every keystroke/day that passes, your ORDE will deviate further from where OR currently is, or will be.
You're re-working 1.x stuff, while the OR people are also re-working 1.x stuff.
Unless the two are kept in total sync. during development, this will be the parting of the ways, and your ORDE should possibly start it's own seperate life/fork.

FL

Caleb
10-17-2004, 01:05 PM
right now i am working on a project which will kinda be my livelyhood. so i cannot wait for 2.o, by the time i am done i believe 2.o will be out and i may at that point be able to stear back in that direction. perhapse be able to afford hosting for the source code who knows. but i already have clients lining up and i need to get this done. i canot afford to wait any longer and what i have produced is pretty nice. though of course at the moment the code is not the prettiest thing in the world haha. but i am trying to get everthing working then i will worry more about how nice it looks.

frobn
10-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Unfortunately, with every keystroke/day that passes, your ORDE will deviate further from where OR currently is, or will be.
You're re-working 1.x stuff, while the OR people are also re-working 1.x stuff.
Unless the two are kept in total sync. during development, this will be the parting of the ways, and your ORDE should possibly start it's own seperate life/fork.

FL

It doesn't need to be a fork and the code bases will most likely come together in a ver 2 beta. The problem is we don't know when OR 2 alpha will be released. I think Ryan and others are doing a terrific job but simply waiting for better code puts developers behind. I recently took on a project that I estimated 3-4 hours but when I started to sort through the listing browse layout code it was a nightmare and the project took me over 20 hours. I have another major project coming up next month so I completely re-wrote the browsing layout code. When I started there were close to 300 errors and warnings on validation at w3c. I made a tableless CSS/xhtml layout and have it down to 1 minor error with the only table from the next_prev function in main.php. If anyone is interested I have it in production in preparation for an MLS integration at http://brucemoorerealty.com/listing_browse.php. If anyone would like the code send me an email.

Caleb
10-18-2004, 03:49 PM
i dont see alot of clean web pages around that are programmed with something else then a persons buttocks. makes me all woozy eyed. Once i get all the backend stuff functional then i am going to start to tare the tables out and move everything to CSS i fear that that is going to be a harder longer process. but worth it. they way i figure it is the code is all going to have to be gone through and edited anyway, most files stand on their own and can be updated on a file by file bases. once 2.0 comes out would not be to hard to manage code upgrades.