PDA

View Full Version : PHP 4 vs PHP 5

svtrider
09-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Does any body know the difference between these two. I have been learning PHP 4 for the last couple of months, and now I see that there is also a PHP 5. can anybody tell me why two versions. is PHP 5 a newer relese?.

the_sandking
09-30-2004, 08:32 PM
Does any body know the difference between these two. I have been learning PHP 4 for the last couple of months, and now I see that there is also a PHP 5. can anybody tell me why two versions. is PHP 5 a newer relese?.
PHP5 is the next generation of PHP.

http://www.php.net

go check it out, they talk about the differences there..

I'd keep learning PHP4, it'll be a while before webhosts upgrade/adopt PHP5, and you won't lose anything by learning PHP4..

svtrider
10-03-2004, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the advise, i will keep on learning PHP4 and then I will upgrade to php 5.

"How do you know so much about everything? was asked by a very wise and intelligent man; and the answer was, "By never being afraid or ashamed to ask questions as to anything of which I was ignorant. " --John Abbott

Fkatt
10-03-2004, 03:38 AM
There are some funky bugs, I know that is why I have upgraded most of my stuff to 5, also new abilities/support. If u do php4 you should be fine of php5