PDA

View Full Version : Legal Question number 2

jonglob
10-03-2004, 09:23 AM
does someone knows if you need a real estate license to run just a classified listing in the internet for real estate here in the usa???

the_sandking
10-03-2004, 09:49 AM
does someone knows if you need a real estate license to run just a classified listing in the internet for real estate here in the usa??? No, not if the information provided to you is provided by either the owner of the "property" or their assigned agent. By "agent" I do not necessarily mean a Real Estate agent, I mean someone working on someone else's behalf.

I'm not a lawyer, this is not legal advice, but basically you can advertise just about anything that is not fraudulent, obscene, or illegal as long as you have the owner/agent's permission, and it is approved by them, etc... Advertising is just free enterprise, and unless acting as an advertiser is somehow regulated in the state/county that you live in, there should be no problems..

You run into a potential problem if you try to redisplay MLS listings and are not authorized to do so. This does not mean that an Agent or Office who has a property listed in an MLS cannot come to you an place an ad unless they are prohibited by their local MLS. It does mean you cannot just copy listings information from MLS materials/sources and run them as outside ads even if free of charge, unless once again you are instructed/paid/hired/authorized to do so by the Office/Agent/owner/etc..