PDA

View Full Version : Still working: comments are valuable

amorphic8
10-06-2004, 03:54 PM
This site is nearing competion, but I still have a little ways to go on it.

I would appreciate any comments, positive or constructive as we complete the building process and approach site launch.

I used the generic template for starters but then ended up creating new user_top and user_bottom templates almost from scratch.

One problem I am having is with displaying favorite listings, but I have posted a thread already in BUGS.

The listings so far are bogus, but we hope to be up and running in real time in about a week.

Thanks in advance for helpful commentary.
http://www.cuttingedge-realestate.com/newindex.php

marb
10-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Nice looking page.

Think it would be nice to place "home" link at the top menu, of go to bottom link where all your menu links are.

Marten :)

Caleb
10-06-2004, 06:53 PM
it does look nice and clean. i like how you used an old 5 1/4 disk for the backup button heh. nice colours too btw

jntcomputers
10-07-2004, 12:47 AM
I like it alot. The only critique I can give is to have the mouseovers at the top go from a light transparent background to a darker transparent backgraound and then maybe have the letters go to white. The mouseover you have is so subtle that it is almost pointless. All in all it is a really good looking site!

RealEstate
10-07-2004, 11:57 AM
Nice looking site.

http://www.cuttingedge-realestate.com/userview.php?user=2

Perhaps in the silver bar you can write "Agen Details".

For the listings you already have "Listing Details"

waloukern
10-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Do you know Bayonne in France?

amorphic8
10-08-2004, 03:16 AM
Wow, thanks for all the great comments.

I have activated the left side-bar with news and events. So far, like the listings, the data is bogus: just for testing. Clicking the 'more' links at the bottom of each box still take you to a basically empty page, as well...

jintcomputers:
I agree with the comment about the mouseovers on the main menu, it is VERY sublte, the client wanted subtle, I think I gave them a little too much.

Caleb:
the 5 1/4 were my favorite!

marb:
actually, the logo is a link back home but you're right about the bottom menu. Home should definitely be there, as well.

RealEstate:
Very true..about the blank silver bar on the agent details page. I haven't finished it yet, but it will either say "Agent Details" or it will display the agent's name.

waloukern:
yes, I have heard of Bayonne, France, but I have neer been there. Actually, it isn't officially known if this Bayonne, NJ is named after that one or not. There were Dutch settlers here before the Brits kicked them out...alot of people from New Amsterdam (New York) used to vacation here until it became urbanized...not much historical info about French influence here. Bayonne, NJ is a penninsula between New York Bay and Newark Bay...some have suggessted that the name somehow was derived from 'on the bays.'

BTW:
The bridge in the header is the Bayonne Bridge which goes over the Kill Van Kull from Bayonne, NJ to Staten Island, NY.
The Broker wanted it, but since we are not only dealing with new construction and commercial, I think I will be changing it soon to something more 'homey.'

Well thanks again for looking at my site...BTW if anyone can help with the bug problem I posted in the Bugs Forum that would be greatly appreciated.

Keep the comments coming...