usingthe this great template

http://www.open-realty.org/support/showthread.php?t=4294

Fat Lizard
01-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Nice clean site

FL

tsguitar2004
01-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Why use a Flash file for a static graphic?

The side navigation could use some CSS improvement in place of weighty and risky JavaScript (not everyone has it turned on, while the CSS version would work everywhere). I have to click on the word to navigate, even though the background changes on rollover. I expect that a color change in navigation means I can click, but I can't. And think of your other navigation. No rollover color change, no underlines for the left side nav, even. Consider a consistent nav treatment. It doesn't all have to look the same as the main navigation, but maybe a secondary nav treatment is in order for the horizontal nav, the "Find Property" nav, and the bottom nav.

Work on getting some style into the listingview pages. It's pretty boring in comparison to the modest style you have in the rest of the site's look and feel. Really, you've done little modification to the default rendering of that page. Maybe incorporate some of the bullets in the "Find Property" list. Speaking of which...

With that "Find Property" navigation especially, an unordered list would suit your needs much better than the current method. That way, you can use that image (sym.jpg) as the list bullet via CSS and it would save you lots of code.

That light grey bar at the very top of the header seems out of place since it isn't repeated anywhere. An echo of that in the footer of the page might be nice. Or maybe everywhere those dotted lines are, that light grey bar should be above it. And is that grey the same shade as the "In the Spotlight" property box? It looks like it's a different shade and I'd like to see the colors consolidated.

I like the general color scheme, except for the grey used in the date box. That should be the same color as the "In the Spotlight" box. And make your shades of blue consistent. By my count, you use 5 different shades. I think the shade used in the "Making it Easy" bar and the two shades in the main navigation should be it. The other two shades (the top, horizontal navigation bar and the "Find Property" bar) should change to match. Wait! What shade of blue is in that Flash file? Is that a 6th shade I see!? Also, the property image link colors should match those shades of blue, too.

The "Free Rent Finder" image is pretty low quality.

The Landlord Registration page could use some clean up.

Your page name, shouldn't it be "RentInMyTown.com" if anything? The spaces might confuse some people. Also, that Rent In My Town.com image above the date, why is that an image? Text would work just as well. Look at your "Professional Management Skills" image. And the fact that there is a different font-family than used elsewhere on the page (even than used in that pesky Flash file) throws me. Maybe because it's a serif font and you've used a sans-serif font everwhere else.
-ts

Jawa78
01-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Well there is alot of work that still has to be done to alter the template to my needs. Right now as far as the over over images they seem to work on all major platforms and browsers, personally for right now that all i care

Window - IE, Opera, Firefox
Linux, IE- via wine, Opera, Firefox, Galeon , Konquer.
Macos 9 - IE, Netscape
Mac OSX, IE osx version, Camio, Firefox, Safari.

tsguitar2004
01-07-2005, 12:03 PM
What do you mean by "over over images"?

I think you have some major design issues to consider with that site. If I knew what images you were talking about, I could confirm or deny them working in browsers. The site looks fine everywhere, but the design issues make you appear less professional and could lead to users leaving your site in favor of another that does a better job.
-ts

pbflash
01-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Your last paragraph should read:
Landlords you can put your rentals on the internet in less then 20 minutes. Get your vacancies filled with our economical package please click here. (http://www.rentinmytown.com/admin/agent_signup.php)

Change is in red.

Also, why the triple : between Property Search and Landlor Signup on the bottom links. It should also be Landlord Signup.

Jawa78
01-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Your last paragraph should read:
Landlords you can put your rentals on the internet in less then 20 minutes. Get your vacancies filled with our economical package please click here. (http://www.rentinmytown.com/admin/agent_signup.php)

Change is in red.

Also, why the triple : between Property Search and Landlor Signup on the bottom links. It should also be Landlord Signup.

Probably because I was thinking about this when I was half asleep. I been busy putting together a tutorial dvd. Also working out some payment issues. Yes the typos really do need to be cleaned up.