PDA

View Full Version : New OR Site, Ceci Realty

ryanfields
01-04-2005, 06:23 PM
Hey, nearly finished with the layout of the new site....still need to integrate the OR (featured homes) section into the overall style of the site. Any type of comments/critque would be great!

http://www.cecirealty.com

Also, BIG thanks to Rodney for helping me out with the OR set-up, he's the greatest!

Ryan

tsguitar2004
01-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Get that body background and all those "#layer" styles into your CSS! If one page has a different body background than another, just give the body an ID (body id="home") and change the backgrounds in the CSS.

I'm so glad to see you're using CSS instead of tables for layout, but almost all content on your home page is in images. Literally, the only text is navigation and copyright. You may want to rethink that. I'm not a fan of all the text being contained in images. It just doesn't look right to me. There's not really any content on the pages and, even when there is content, you still use images when text would be the better call. Not everyone is going to enjoy having to wait for all those images to load to get to your content. Also, if you ever want to change anything in the future, that's a lot more work than just editing text. If anyone at any time wants to copy and paste the text for some reason (maybe to send to a friend or something), you've made that impossible.

Your "Make Smart Decisions" link on buyhome.html is bad.

The layout is fine, but I again urge you to reconsider having all the text in images. There are ways to keep that look and use fewer images.
-ts