PDA

View Full Version : Feed Back Please :)

cguild
01-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Here is a site that I have just completed. Please take a look and let me know. I will give your site feed back if you give mine some. :D

http://www.sherylguild.com

pbflash
01-12-2005, 12:51 AM
I like it. Nice clean layout. Looks good.

RealEstate
01-12-2005, 01:06 AM
I agree with PbFlash. The only think many people are not fond of is the framing. The enduser probably won't mind. You're using them the tours and mls search.

Good Job!

cguild
01-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Thank you both for the feed back.

RealEstate

The only think many people are not fond of is the framing.

I'm wondering, is there another way to use IDX that is not a frame. Personally I don't mind the iframe, but I do understand how some people just don't like it. Do you know if you can take the border of the frame away without destorying the look of a site?
Our MLS only allows the IDX Frame solution, but my office will have a VOW in about a month, so my question is do I use the VOW data for an independant Realtor or do I stick with the IDX.

THANKS to everyone who is activley using and coding OPEN-REALTY you have made my life easier and minimized tyhe learning curve.

Chris

frobn
01-12-2005, 09:50 AM
You site is very attractive. My criticism is that the first page is mostly images which are not search engine friendly and load slowly.

I'm wondering, is there another way to use IDX that is not a frame. Personally I don't mind the iframe, but I do understand how some people just don't like it. Do you know if you can take the border of the frame away without destorying the look of a site?
There are ways to make the iframe less noticeable or to eliminate it completely.

Our MLS only allows the IDX Frame solution
I believe all MLSs allow brokers to download the IDX and integrate it into their web site. At present OR ver 1+ is not robust enough to handle large databases. We are experimenting with version 2 and will no more about it in a few weeks.

...my office will have a VOW in about a month, so my question is do I use the VOW data for an independant Realtor or do I stick with the IDX.
You should research the differences between VOW and IDX and come to your own conclusion.
If you are interested in exploring some of the alternatives let me know.

cguild
01-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Frobn
Thank you for your comments. :D
I use all the suggestions and information I get from this board when making decisions for Open Realty sites I design. This code is such a great tool and makes my everyday life that much easier. Thanks.

Now.... I am not sure how to eliminate the borders in an iframe without making the site lose it's tight "feel". Is this possible??
Yes our MLS will allow a RAW DATA feed but what do I do with it? I did try and integrate it into 1.xx with different upgrades, but as you said, it is not robust enough.
I can't wait for 2!!!!!!!! :D

The home page is pretty much a big image and really doesn't do much for search engines. I AGREE. The problem is that the Realtor doesn't even want the text I have on the home page :mad:, so I told her that in order for her to even be found I would have to submit her reports pages to search engines and hopefully people will click the home button. We are still working on that one. ;)

As far as alternatives, YES if you have any ideas that you are willing to share I would be more than happy to give them a try. I currently have 4 OR sites in my market and 5 in different markets.

And finally, frobn, I see that you are a major contributor to the OR community so I am sure that you can answer this,
What is a fair dollar or % amount to give back to OR. I have given one template but I feel like I am using a code that so many others have written, that maybe some of you should receive some of the great response that I get.
Can you or someone else help with this question?

Again Thanks for your feed back it is truly appreciated.
Cguild

dave
01-12-2005, 02:36 PM
nice site, i was just wondering why the featured listing on the front page is duplicated. Just a suggestion, but why not use 2 columns for the featured listings, that way you have 2 diff houses showing. tombones explains it here:

http://support.open-realty.org/showthread.php?t=4405

cguild
01-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Thanks Dave
I did not know about the code being funky. I did noticed that about every 10-12 times the site gets hit the same listing comes up twice. I guess it never really bothered me because I did not know there was a fix, now that I do it kinda drives me crazy :confused: .

I will be changing it.

Thanks for your feed back. Do you need a site reviewed????
cguild