PDA

View Full Version : Modified Blue Template Site

bcsweb1
01-16-2005, 01:56 AM
It was brought to our attention that someone thought we were hammering the support forum for answers but not giving anything back in return and that was not our intention.

We are just not good with php and ask a lot of questions :)

So, here is the site that we have developed and also the link to download it as well.

It is a working version of the Blue Template with many tweaks and add-on's.

View a Working Tweak of the Blue Template (http://www.thanksbradleyco.com/listings/)

We still have the following to add to the template:

1. Using a person's email for the log on - to take away the problem of 2 people with the same name trying to sign up accounts.

2. Having a password reset for the Members - just plain everyday users who save their searches and such. This way when they forget their password and have a random one sent to them they can login and change it back to something they like :) - takes away from the admin having to keep doing it.

We hope you enjoy what we have done and welcome any suggestions or feedback.

If you like what we done you can download the site at the following location:

ftp://docs.bcsweb1.com
User: open
Password: password

Remember - when we fix these 2 features we will let everyone know on this post.

PamHinds
01-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Hi. thought I'd download your site, but when I get to the site, I have these options. Which do I click on to download? I just don't want to download wrong thing!

I clicked on welcome.msg and it won't open for me. But wasn't sure where to go to get the file.

Thanks.

http://mclaa.com/revised_blue_question.gif

tombones
01-20-2005, 06:32 PM
PamHinds,

What you are experiencing is that his server opens to anon ftp first then you need to login using username "open" and password "password". Firefox looks like it will not do this easily if at all. In Internet Explorer right click and select "Login as". If your browser will not support it and you don't use IE you can paste the address into Windows Explorer (just open a folder and go) or use your ftp program. The files are there.

dougvaughan
02-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Awesome! Thanks!

faeriecrack
03-02-2005, 07:36 AM
I have to say that while I like the site and the upgrades, I think it is quite annoying to hear that flash animation sound every time I change pages. Not just on your site, but any site that uses the blue flash template.

AWT
03-02-2005, 08:06 PM
i have to agree that the sound in the flash animation is annoying after hearing it over and over, i only left this as a example.

If you edit the flash source file you can easy delete the sound or customize the hole falsh animation/sounds/apperance to suit your site (recommended).

On the site i made the blue template for http://www.waleshomes.com i did intend to record a welcome message and use this as the sound, but as yet have not got around to this.

I would suggest that anyone who use this template to just have the flash on the index page and switch to a simple graphic in the flash swf's place for other pages.

This can simply be achived by copying the header to header2 or similar and call this on the index page only , replace the flash animation to a graphic on the default header and you will then have the flash animation appear on your index page only