PDA

View Full Version : Total Theme Control

Caleb
02-27-2005, 08:31 AM
www.isledining.com

you can now select the a diff theme from the lower right drop down. Warning the theme 'next' has a few settings that are no good in that bloody dead browser ie that some silly people still use. download ff or open it up in ff and enjoy. i only spent a little amount of time on it tonight. i was going to spend more but NOFX was playing in town and well. heh anyway here you guys are.

www.isledining.com

ps there are some glitches that i am too tired to care about now. but you can whine them up if you like. i likely wont pay much attention to them for a few days. aloha and goodnight...

gman
02-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Looks great! I posted a question last night asking to do the same thing.

Keep up the good work!

Mike

Caleb
02-27-2005, 08:25 PM
the icon to goto the themes switcher page is on the upper right of the page, just below the word hawaii. on the default theme its located on the lower right of the front page. enjoy

i made some changes and added some things.

gman
02-28-2005, 09:50 PM
When looking at your site - as I stated before, I would love to have the folks coming to the site just click on a link and change the theme.. Have a look at the top of the MSN page... Here (http://www.msn.com)

It has a link that states:

Change colors: Simple White Classic Blue

Of course the simple white and classic blue are links.. I really like that...

I will try what you told me yesterday here shortly.

Mike

Caleb
02-28-2005, 10:06 PM
there are to plus sides to this. one is that you can completely change the design at any time. the other is that some people may have a hard time seeing things. i do not at the moment plan to allow people to be able to change the themes. i like the ability to do so myself. for example when i am working on a theme i can log in and switch to it. mess around with things and no one sees anything diff till i am ready to switch.

i am not going to say there are not limitations. because there are. some things i have ignored. the main body width still must be at least 580px wide. its an easy fix to change but i have not taken the time. also if you do see my css file. its the pretty. not all that organized. haha. i will get to that one too.

maybe after that i make a release. maybe...

gman
02-28-2005, 10:13 PM
What I want to do is have three themes. Only different is the color.. I want to have them in "local school" colors. This way - when they come to the site to search - maybe I can hit a nerve if I have the right school color to choose from...

Again the same them just three colors to choose from.

Thanks!

(Your site is clean and looks great!)

Elkman
03-01-2005, 06:09 PM
I really like how you've created the directory page. Is this a modified site map page?

I'm building a site for our local horse rescue and the directory page would be a quick way to see how many horses we have online.

Caleb
03-01-2005, 06:37 PM
the browse page. except less information. it lists all active listings. featured ones on my site are the only ones that are detailed. the rest are in the directory. so featured listings appear and act a little diff.