PDA

View Full Version : Search.inc.php finaly cleared...

mat123slade
03-16-2005, 04:29 AM
Hello,
Finaly cleared search.inc.php, but I'm still not happy with it... I suppose it will do to open the site, could you possibly let me know if you think this page is acceptable for a live website, and also tell me what you think is to be changed and what you would change so I can change it later on when I decid to study and clean the search.inc.php code a little...

Thanx :

Link : Search.inc.php on PropertiesWebsite.com (http://www.propertieswebsite.com/english/houses/index.php?state=Limousin&action=searchresults)

cguild
03-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Nice job! i like the page.
Where exactly do you find this file? i have looked everywhere. I am a decent hack but I really don't have that much knowledge about mysql. I understand it and can manipulate it but that's it.

Also i am wondering if you can tell me where I can change the font size for the top of the search? It reads:

There are currently 49 listings that match your search criteria.

This is page 1 of 7

I have looked everywhere but I just can't find this. Is it in the search.inc.php?

Thanks
Chris

mat123slade
03-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Just running past as I am running late for my juggling practice...

The file is under include/search.inc.php
You will find all information in that. If at any time you are looking to find a specific file, note what text appears on it when browsing your site for example : "listings that match your search criteria." Do a search in the language file and see what it corresponds to... You can then search that in the entire site and you will find the files where it is used... That's how I found out about the search.inc.php...

As for info on graphicaly enhancing that page, if you can wait a little I have read it is something under development so we will have it soon with the code and graphics seperated with a template file.

It was going to be a quick answer but I guess that sums it... If you don't have time to wait for this aprt to be developped, please write again, I can describe some basics with my own words, although I'm not a pro at modifying this kind of code...