PDA

View Full Version : Open Realty Templates Comming

awddesign
03-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Hi All

we have been working on this design and concept for while now.
And we now need your feed back..

http://openrealtytemplates.awddesign.co.uk/

All comments and feedback very welcome as we are to launch very soon.

Big thank you to OR and all its support.

Al

alsmith
03-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Wow Al, you put a great site together and lots of details.

The site looks great!

marb
03-31-2005, 02:47 PM
Thats a nice way of playing with OR.

Good work Albert.

Marten :)

awddesign
03-31-2005, 03:01 PM
Hi

thank you for your feed back.

Al

jared
03-31-2005, 03:10 PM
That site is a real charm and those templates are magically delicious.

Nice job
http://jaredsdesigns.com/signature/randomsig1.png
Jared.

pp
03-31-2005, 03:23 PM
expensive!! There are some for $25 and some for $199? Wow..

awddesign
03-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Hi PP

expensive!! did you not see the $10.00 designs :)
How cheep would you like us to go, as I will do it...

$199 designs come with or1.1.5b all setup for you to drop in, plus we
take the hassel out of buying the single Graphic license from TM.

You should see the $2,000.00+ designs :)

Al

expensive!! There are some for $25 and some for $199? Wow..

jared
03-31-2005, 10:47 PM
I dont think $10 bucks is out of line as a bottom price. Others cost more, those are facts. I charge $125 flat for custom templates and I give them the CSS layout, PSD, favicon.ico, the open-realty matching admin interface, and all the custom error pages with the .htaccess file.

I agree with you Al, none of those prices are out of line. $200.00 is well worth it when you consider what you give them.

Just my opinion, but who the F-#! am I, I dont even have a front page yet.
Jared.

Torgen
03-31-2005, 11:07 PM
Just my opinion, but who the F-#! am I, I dont even have a front page yet.

Jared.

Is that your new sig? :D

jared
03-31-2005, 11:10 PM
My bad, I get carried away sometimes.:rolleyes:

Jared.
Genius in the making;
Hows that one.:)

Torgen
03-31-2005, 11:11 PM
I actually thought the "who the f--k am I" was pretty good! :D

awddesign
04-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Hi Jarad

as with every thing, you get what you pay for!!!

al

I agree with you Al, none of those prices are out of line. $200.00 is well worth it when you consider what you give them.

Jared.

AWT
04-02-2005, 12:27 AM
cool site awd

nice to see you use or as the back end to sell the templates.

i tryed a similar system but using a actual template selling script to handle all the sales, great work, i like the orange template, seems very reasonalby priced at $10, this is my favourite design.

you should offer instant download of your products - most poeple looking to buy eletronic items tend to want them there and then, pay by paypal and download straight away, u no what i mean, i'm not sure if your service offers this after payment processing.

Do you have a option to allow other designers to sell templates threw your service, and what are the % rates you pay out on sales if so???

I have recently been creating some specfic agent templates/ portal and rental themes including the next version of the popular v2 of the blue box theme

Also about template caterogies:

Looking around at what poeple will actualy want OR to do , you could try putting together addon/drop in mods/template sets that could convert OR simply to service sites, such as rental service/agent. real estate agent/service, property fsbo service, free listing service directory, vacation rental listings Service( this niche seems wide open at the moment and a good way to create a site where yoou can charge 125$ per yearly listings and offer a cool site that will run itself, poeple with holiday lets, resorts etc whould find such a service of use to advertise there rentals ) etc etc etc

I think items such as these could be worth more than just templates, because your providing business solutions for the use of OR, lets face it if someone thinks they will make money from the product you sell them, they are more than likely to go with it

Don't everyone rush out to set up vacation rental sites just yet tho, as i haven't finished mine yet.....

keep up the good work.

awddesign
04-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Hi Awt

instant download will be achived as long as they have paid for the goods.full credit card checking will be in place.

other designers will be able to sell templates, but this will come after launch of the site. Also they would have
to be good designs.

Drop in mods will follow after we get the site running, we have a back log of codes and mods for Open Realty we have been working on since last year.

vacation rental sites we have already done that: see awddesign property like bookspain, bookfrance and more..
Also we have awdcars.

2.0 templates will only be added after OR gets to beta :
see http://support.open-realty.org/showthread.php?t=5253

Al

ian_ok
04-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi Al,

Great site.

Couple of things to feed back.....

Most of the templates seem to have the american feel to them, are you not wanting to aim at a UK or Euro market as well.

Also on the software required, this may well put quite a few people off, as most people won't have photoshop (about £500) and Dreamweaver.

Hope this may be of use for you....Anyhow once again, another great site from you.

Ian

Fkatt
04-02-2005, 03:35 PM
I think that 10 - 100.00 is more in line for many sales, I know for 200.00 I would have to be really sure, but for 50.00 I would say what the hell and buy a few on a whim and just modify them down the road to suit my needs.

-Jesse

tomplat
04-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Web shop that you made is pre made free shop of TEMPLATEMONSTER.
You are selling some templates of their for higher price what you are not allowed to do by the rules of Templatemonster.
Template no. 5488 - yours price $199 - their price $62.

Sorry, but not nice !

Am I wrong?

jared
04-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Hello all, I see lots have taken place since my last visit;

I feel I should comment on Al's behalf regarding his pricing.

Please consider the following;

When someone asks me to do a design layout for them I gladly do it for around $40-$100 which is fair considering its a custom job and I don't get residual sales on it as a template. I create it for YOU and YOU own it.

But when someone asks me to create one for a specific application like Mambo, open-realty, or even phpBB the costs can go up because of the time in which it takes to prep and slice the template to work with the software. Granted these solutions are open-source and free, design isn't. This, I'm sure, is why nearly every vBulliten and phpBB forum or CMS site looks the same.

open-realty works best with CSS layouts and in order to complete a template as a FULL drop-in solution, I have to design the layout, create the favicon.ico, create all the error pages, create the administrative interface to match the front end, build the custom search page, include a roll over script or JS navigation solution and submit it all packaged with the PSD file to the client. This takes a substantial amount of time.

Consider my price to the end user.
I've been knocking these out for about $125 each which is cheap and I install open-realty free with this as a service. I have seen my designs end up in sites selling them as templates because their investment of a $100.00 is well worth it to sell the design 10 times for $50.00.

Template monster templates are barely workable in real world websites WITHOUT CSS. Because trying to layout a site with a Template monster PSD in tables is just crazy, a designer you hire out of the phone book would run you $400+ and some of them have never had an original idea so they steal someone elses work.

I look at it this way; I'm a Template Monster affiliate, and I see nothing wrong with offering a service to include them with an open-realty solution.

Just my 2 cents of rant. :D
Have you ever noticed how carried away I get when I write, now thats ridiculous.;)
Jared

awddesign
04-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Hi tomplat

Thank you for pointing that out to us. But this one of the ideas of the site.
We redesign the TM template to fit Open Realty 1.1.5b and 2.0
See also: http://www.templatetuning.com/

================================================== ===
rules of Templatemonster.

Limited Usage Granted
You may use each individual product on a single website only, belonging to either you or your client. You have to purchase the same template once more in order to make another project with the same design

Modifications
You are authorized to make any necessary modification(s) to our products to fit your purposes.

license Templatemonster.

================================================== ==

We sell for:

Template Price: $199.00
Graphic license: included

the math.

$199.00
-$62.00
-------
$137.00

so we charge to redesign say tm 5488 $137.00. Thats very cheep compaired to
asking a design house to redesign a TM temaplte for you.

Hope that helps you.

Al

Web shop that you made is pre made free shop of TEMPLATEMONSTER.
You are selling some templates of their for higher price what you are not allowed to do by the rules of Templatemonster.
Template no. 5488 - yours price $199 - their price $62.

Sorry, but not nice !

Am I wrong?

AWT
04-04-2005, 01:10 AM
i guess some poeple just don't realese how much work goes into designing a sites theme, you might say you can do a job for 100-150$ or whatever and spend a fair few hours honing it to suit the clients requirements, in effect working for only 10$-20$ per hour, this is why i stay away from doing design work for clients, the amount of time and effort which can go into creating a 'theme/template' can never really be profitable unless your selling specfic sets as downloadable products for the users to work on themselves, which in effect you might sell 100 times over a year for say 10$ a piece.

Things always tend to eun deeper than the design work to, when a client says, i supply want this and that changed they normaly fail to release that this is more work involved in creating a said theme/template in designer/coding hours.

Fair enough if they are paying a fair rate for work, which in real world terms should be 40$ per hour.......

awddesign
04-04-2005, 02:43 AM
Hi All

Should we have demo section for Open Realty Templates showing live sites.
each design having a demo?

these comments very much needed from you..

site:

Al

Torgen
04-04-2005, 09:15 AM
The screenshots of the page is fine (though I'd like shots of the listing_browse and listing_view as well.) I'd also like to have the images be thumbnails that I could click to get a full-size image, so I can see the details.

awddesign
04-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Hi

like this

listing_browse and listing_view
http://openrealtytemplates.awddesign.co.uk/listingview.php?listingID=14

thumbnails are shown here
http://openrealtytemplates.awddesign.co.uk/listing_browse.php

is that what you are looking for.

Al

The screenshots of the page is fine (though I'd like shots of the listing_browse and listing_view as well.) I'd also like to have the images be thumbnails that I could click to get a full-size image, so I can see the details.

ian_ok
04-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Hi Al,

Another couple of things further from my previos post:

In Netsacpe 7.02 The combo boxes seem to work a little funny, You select something, but your selection doesn't appear until you touch something else.

On the printer friendly page, it came up with the print dialogue box, before the page had loaded, CLIENTS may want to see what they are printing before they do print. (Iwas just expecting a page where I could decide to print or not without all the graphics etc...).

Also agree with Torgen.

Also, COMMING is spelt with one 'M' Coming, mistake on website and title of this thread.

Ian

p.s. Also to be cheeky could you share us the code for your contact us form with the image code?

p.p.s. Will add quite a few other properties to your bookspain in the next few weeks, also see you are getting a high postition with G for this.

awddesign
04-07-2005, 02:25 AM
Hi Ian

Not checked the site with Netsacpe 7.02, will look into it.
the printer friendly page i have removed the script :)

What do you agree with Torgen ?

where is the mistake on the web site ?

Mod section will be comming soon :)

book spain is not where i wanted it to be yet with G. So A total redesign in css xhtml will needed
for the site this in apr may.

Will add your RSS to site as it is now working good on Open Realty Templates

see here on site Open Realty News:
http://openrealtytemplates.awddesign.co.uk/open_realty_news/

thank you for that Ian

Al

ian_ok
04-07-2005, 03:20 AM
Hi Albert,

The page with the spelling error is the template home page:

http://openrealtytemplates.awddesign.co.uk/index.html

: Open Realty 2.0 TEMPLATES Comming Soon.

I agree with Torgern that thumbnails should be clickable to a FULL screen size, so the end viewer can see clearly what he/she may be buying (I never presume a client already knows about a product) - Although you say you will have demos soon (of ALL templates?), so this may cover this section!

The RSS mod wasn't mine! (but thanks anyhow!)

I'll PM you before I want to add more prop's to book Spain - Not sure if you know but I did have a query from the site last week.

The props I'm intending to put on are what I consider the better end of the market, so will add to the sites quality. Hopefully enough properties so too do away with the display properties.

Ian

awddesign
04-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi Ian

I found it did not think to look there, the thumbnails part I will have
to look into. That is I feel from all the other template sites have
the same as what I am doing. Including TM, boxed art to name but few.

Demo of the designs I am still waiting for feed back ??

The RSS mod I am going to add your site to mine, like i have done with
Open Realty News seen here:
http://openrealtytemplates.awddesign.co.uk/open_realty_news/

al

Hi Albert,

The page with the spelling error is the template home page:

http://openrealtytemplates.awddesign.co.uk/index.html

: Open Realty 2.0 TEMPLATES Coming Soon.

I agree with Torgern that thumbnails should be clickable to a FULL screen size, so the end viewer can see clearly what he/she may be buying (I never presume a client already knows about a product) - Although you say you will have demos soon (of ALL templates?), so this may cover this section!

The RSS mod wasn't mine! (but thanks anyhow!)

I'll PM you before I want to add more prop's to book Spain - Not sure if you know but I did have a query from the site last week.

The props I'm intending to put on are what I consider the better end of the market, so will add to the sites quality. Hopefully enough properties so too do away with the display properties.

Ian

ian_ok
04-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Demo of the designs I am still waiting for feed back ??

Al,
I can't see anywhere, where you test a demo of the designs....am I missing something?

Also not sure if this is at test stage, but the 24/7 customer support leads you to 404 page error.

Cheers,

Ian

awddesign
04-10-2005, 12:37 PM
I can't see anywhere, where you test a demo of the designs....am I missing something?

Hi All

Should we have demo section for Open Realty Templates showing live sites.
each design having a demo?

these comments very much needed from you..

site:

24/7 customer support leads you to 404 page error with a cool baby, just to let me know that I need to do somthing here!!!!.

Al

ian_ok
04-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Doh.....

I should read the questions more slowly!

Yes for sure Al you need demo's of all. Give's the buyer more clear indication of what they are buying/wanting and room more making changes and more profit!

IDEA......

You could do a drop down menu from a demo, so it changes the theme from one to another, rather than having to return to template menu.

Ian

awddesign
04-13-2005, 08:37 AM
Hi Ian

Not sure about the demo's yet, as some of the main players in template design
do not do that.

Does anyone know Why ?

regards
Al

Yes for sure Al you need demo's of all. Give's the buyer more clear indication of what they are buying/wanting and room more making changes and more profit!
Ian

SunKiss
04-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Hi Albert,
I like your use of TM templates with OR. If I like a specific TM template, can you redesign it with OR for me for use in a villa listing site? Also is there any way to incorporate a availability calendar with search for all the properties in OR?
Thanks,
Mark

awddesign
04-19-2005, 01:16 AM
Hi Mark

go here and pick a design :: http://ore.awddesign.co.uk/tm_templates2.php

then contact us here :: http://ore.awddesign.co.uk/index.php?Contact_Us
with the TM template design number.

Al

Hi Albert,
I like your use of TM templates with OR. If I like a specific TM template, can you redesign it with OR for me for use in a villa listing site? Also is there any way to incorporate a availability calendar with search for all the properties in OR?
Thanks,
Mark

thunderMex
08-12-2005, 02:33 PM
A "template" does not necessarily mean it is a cross-browser compatible CSS design. CSS offers the most customizability for a site design.

Converting any given NON-CSS "template" to CSS that works reliably in the most popular browsers is NOT a picnic. It requires hours because we are stuck in the same situation we have been in since the middle 1990's. No matter how many technologies are advanced to make laying out a website easier, the techies who craft the browsers have their own ideas about what these technology descriptions (standards) mean, and how their new browser is supposed to act when it encounters a referenced snippet of code. And every browser designer has their own interpretation of what is the "best" way to compile a page of code that may also contain scripting errors into a recognizable layout that achieves what the page designer intended.

And then, there are BUGS that slip by in each model of browser that make things happen inexplicably when a given CSS definition says such-and-such should happen whenever this or that tag is included in the html or php page code.

Even taking a known template and then converting it into an OR compatible CSS driven template is a JOB! Even for the experienced. Getting it to look good and do what you expect it to do across the most popular browsers is TOUGH. It has certain trial-and-error elements to it, too.

So, $199 for a really usable CSS design template for OR 2, even if its original inspiration was another template, is NOT too much. It is worth it. Any quibbling over that price is getting into the "wanting something for nothing" realm.