PDA

View Full Version : Design Help Needed.

lasor
04-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Now I have got my site running live and all the required mods installed and operating (a specail thanks to tombones for all his assistance on these) I now want to look at turning my site into a more professional looking and website friendly site. I think I am looking for more of a design expert than a php programer on this.

The biggest problem is the budget...There aint one!!!.. So what I want to basically do is focus on areas of the site in stages, and basically pay for each stage in turn.

In general I am not an estate agent. My site is aimed at estate agents looking to advertise thier properties for sale and rent in Spain.

www.listing.just-spain.co.uk

Firstly I would like to look at the front page (or user_top) and general layout. I want to keep the featured properties and the latest listing and most of all I need a general search box on the index.php (See attached example). If anybody has any fresh ideas with regards to this first stage then I would love to here them along with your quote to complete the task.

Stage 1: a) general design ideas... b) search box

Please mail me with your quotes and sugestions.

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/4708/search46rz.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Cheers

Lasor

lasor
04-04-2005, 10:40 AM
OK I have stripped down my test index page. Can somebody please quote me for the design of a quick search box to fit at the top of the blank space on my test page. It will require 4 search fields...

www.just-spain.co.uk/test/index3.php

Thanks

jared
04-04-2005, 11:41 AM
lasor;
Please e-mail me and I'll see if I can't fix that for you.

Jared.

frobn
04-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Now I have got my site running live and all the required mods installed and operating (a specail thanks to tombones for all his assistance on these) I now want to look at turning my site into a more professional looking and website friendly site. I think I am looking for more of a design expert than a php programer on this.

The biggest problem is the budget...There aint one!!!.. So what I want to basically do is focus on areas of the site in stages, and basically pay for each stage in turn.

In general I am not an estate agent. My site is aimed at estate agents looking to advertise thier properties for sale and rent in Spain.

www.listing.just-spain.co.uk

Firstly I would like to look at the front page (or user_top) and general layout. I want to keep the featured properties and the latest listing and most of all I need a general search box on the index.php (See attached example). If anybody has any fresh ideas with regards to this first stage then I would love to here them along with your quote to complete the task.

Stage 1: a) general design ideas... b) search box

Please mail me with your quotes and sugestions.

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/4708/search46rz.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Cheers

Lasor

Take a look at http://broadwaykeys.com/search.html

If this is what you are looking for send me an email or PM

lasor
04-05-2005, 08:03 AM
Hi All

Ok This is an image I have designed of what I want my search box to look like. I think the biggest problem is the size as I am trying to fit it at the top of this page www.just-spain.co.uk/test/index3.php If anybody can complete this or suggest a more suitable quick search box that fits in with the design of the page I would love to here from you.

http://img208.exs.cx/img208/5766/border34lo.jpg

Cheers

revive
04-08-2005, 09:05 AM
have a look at www.parasolhomes.net tell me wat ya think still in the design phase but personally i like it so far

Paul

lasor
04-15-2005, 06:25 AM
Bump...

I can not believe I am bumping a paid work post..lol. :) :)

If anybody could assist on a search box simlar to the one above to fit on the page www.just-spain.co.uk/test/index3.php I would be grateful.

I would also be grateful for any content suggestions for the remainder of the front page.

Thanks lasor

Fat Lizard
04-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Just had a quick peek, and went to the sign-up area.

I think you're right about the size of the search box you're looking for - too wide for the available area.

Without having signed in, the account/listing management buttons are available.
The 'Agent' menu is now also available, top-left, and when it slides out, it slides behind the graphics.

FL

lasor
04-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Hi FL

Thanks for your input...

I will be removing the slide-out Agents Menu as I feel it does not serve a relavent purpose.

If anybody has a search box that will fit "snuggly" at the top of the page Iwould be intrested in seeing it.

May be split the available space on the page into 3 boxes with the search form going in the top bos and some other form of content in the other two boxes.

Thanks

Lasor

AWT
04-16-2005, 07:14 PM
copy the search display function, make it similar to the search selection on your index page, and move it over into the left top area, i think you whould only need the price selection , from and to moved under each other, instead of acrosss to fit into that area

then simply call the copyed search display function in your theme

jared
04-16-2005, 07:18 PM
AWT did you get my PM on the search results?

Jared

AWT
04-16-2005, 08:11 PM
just read it, i haven't done much in v2 as yet, all the sites i had running have all gone down, i think its worth waiting till a final release before starting to make things for it and moving sites over to v2

jared
04-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks AWT, I agree,
FOR ME, the thing that makes open-realty so difficult is its ease of use for the end user and not the developer. Then again thats with most projects difficult that use a template engine like Mambo or even those that feature Smarty.

I'll keep playing with the script, so many places to edit just to get one thing working.

Jared

lasor
04-17-2005, 04:32 PM
OK I have now moved the search box into top left can anybody assist me in lining this box up and tidying the font a little.

Cheers

tombones
04-17-2005, 04:40 PM
In style.php in function searchbox_minmax you might want to find this line:

echo ' to <select name="'.$browse_field_name.'-max">'.$options;

and change it to:

echo '<br>to <select name="'.$browse_field_name.'-max">'.$options;

lasor
04-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Cheers tombones...OK done that..But still not quite lined up..

AWT
04-23-2005, 06:41 PM
it looks as tho your there , just aligning the elements of the search box ovver to the right and maybe removing the 'from' text from the price fields.

did you remove the <br> from the search funtion for price field output, i think this might be giving you the linebreak after the price from and to selections.