PDA

View Full Version : Client would like your opinion

cguild
04-08-2005, 10:28 PM
I have a client who would like your feedback.
Please be blunt and brutal! (They're watching ;) ) Any and all suggestions or comments are accepted.

http://www.thetierneyteam.com

Phil_D
04-08-2005, 10:59 PM
This site looks great. User friendly and nice use of muted colours. Only thing critical would be the size. It looks soooo small when surfed to in 1024 res. Try to spread it out to 800.

Phil

RealEstate
04-08-2005, 11:17 PM
I like it as well. The school and niegborhood links are a great idea.

Pretty much agree with Paul. You can use up more of your screen at 800 wide.

Will
04-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Nice design, you might spread the nav and the banner under the logo on top to give space to increase the nav text size.

Change the alt tags on the listing pages and the listing browse page to something other than the photo file name. Like you have on the featured listings on the home page.

I don't know if I would make it bigger. When you spread it out you may end up with too much white space. That white space will beg to be filled with all the unnecessary dodads that are on so many sites.

IMO, your target audience wants to find houses, not the weather, google adds, or any other busywork.

Use as much space as needed to communicate who you are, and what you offer. Make it easy to read and navigate, and with the exception of some SEO, and marketing, stop there.

I think you have done great.

Caleb
04-18-2005, 04:37 AM
the width is fine. but would look alot better centered on the screen. i love the color sceme and the desugn is good. tabled but ok.

mr_oscar
04-18-2005, 07:51 AM
Nice website on using openrealty smart design, well picked colors...
Cheers
:cool:

frobn
04-18-2005, 08:23 AM
the width is fine. but would look alot better centered on the screen. i love the color sceme and the desugn is good. tabled but ok.

It is centered in IE but not in standard compliant browsers. Now that FF has 15% (by several estimates) of the world wide browser market it makes sense to take that into consideration when developing web sites.

The design looks good but beyond the design:

The site is not search engine friendly and does not give the user a reason to explore the site.

site dos not have title or description. No text on the front page, search do not read images and give low priority to the alt attribute. See my post on "Why use Background Images."

The first rule of web development is Content is King! You need content to keep visitors. There is an excellent article on "Above the Fold" at http://alistapart.com.

lyynx
05-10-2005, 12:38 AM
It's refreshing to see a different approach to OR. The only thing I would do is stretch the nav table with the picture and logo the whole width. Other than that, it's original and clean. Keep up the great work.