PDA

View Full Version : Looking for constructive criticism.

riverbat
05-08-2005, 10:15 PM
This is a work in progress. Still testing testing testing :)

Development site v2.0 (http://www.mydatapc.com)

Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance...

alsmith
05-09-2005, 07:35 AM
Nice simple and clean,

Anh hey you got the calculators to stay within the template. How did you do that?

RealEstate
05-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Although the calculator stays within the template, is not user friendly.

Is not resizable and the user has to scroll left and right and up and down.

I'm a fan of the small simple pop up calculator.

pp
05-09-2005, 11:50 AM
I have seen lot of OR web sites, what I have noticed is no one really pays attention to "property display page" with few exceptions. I can't stress enough how important a property display page is for a Real Estate web site.
It really takes lot of work understading the industry norm and customers(many not so computer savvy) you going to serve and come up with a very user friendly display of property. I have not seen a very good one yet on this board.

riverbat
05-09-2005, 12:32 PM
Thanks to those who responded.

I haven't quite figured-out a nice way to handle calculators. I had to modify popup.html to get the current effect - but of course that has serious draw backs. I'll probably go back to a small pop-up.

The reason I haven't modified the listing_view or (Property Display) page very much is because I can't find how to call another template other than main.html as the wrapper. In other words, the only options to modify the listing_view page are minimal, because they have to fit into the {content} area of main.html. Perhaps I just need to learn more about how Open Realty works.

If anyone knows how to display another template other than main.html in listing_view please let me know.

Thanks..

lyynx
05-10-2005, 12:29 AM
You're definitely on your way. There minor width problems when you view the listings. The only thing I would suggest is the use of more images.

Nice Work :)