PDA

View Full Version : Installation Issues

mattpattberg
06-02-2005, 05:06 PM
Hi!

I can't find any info on one of these 1 question, and no answer to the other while searching these pages... I set up an OR 2.01 site on a free server, decided to try it out for real.

So I went with yahoo for hosting the site... maybe that was a big mistake.

When I upload files, it won't let me upload ant files with a "." in front, like the .htaccess files.

So, I got it all on there except for 3 files, one file in xinha/images/ - couldn't upload .xvpics folder, then the two htaccess files could not be uploaded ( I think there were two).

So anyway, I just tried to go forward, because I think the htaccess files are just for rewriting to a virtual url - maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, that was my first problem, I don't know if I need those files, anyone know for sure?...

Second, I try to install in the mysite.com/install/index.php - I get past the first 2 steps (language and file permissions). I click to go to the next step... and then nothing. Opens a new page with only the open realty logo.

Anyone have any suggestions short of changing hosts?...

Thanks!

Matt

greengiant
06-02-2005, 05:36 PM
You shoudl be fine without the .htaccess files. The page not loading durring the install is a problem, most likley some server error is occuring, I dont know if yahoo give you any access to error_logs for you site or not.

mattpattberg
06-02-2005, 06:30 PM
You shoudl be fine without the .htaccess files. The page not loading durring the install is a problem, most likley some server error is occuring, I dont know if yahoo give you any access to error_logs for you site or not.

I don't see anywhere for error logs... Anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

mattpattberg
06-02-2005, 06:41 PM
I don't know if this makes any difference, but at the start of the install when you select what language you want, I can only select english... anyone know what this means?...

pbflash
06-02-2005, 07:29 PM
English is the only available install language at this time. My bet is it has something to do with the server. I know a lot of people that had bad experiences trying to get scripts to work right with yahoo. I would suggest switching to a host like http://www.transparent-tech.com. I believe they include free installation of OR with all packages and the money goes to help support the OR project.

mattpattberg
06-03-2005, 07:56 PM
So yahoo runs php version 4.3.6 here is the php info page... I am not sure what everything means, but does something here (or not here) indicate yahoo hosting can't work?... I really would like to stay with Yahoo... but I'm thinking I can't... Thanks for all your help guys!

System FreeBSD thehudhunters.com 4.10-YAHOO-20040606 FreeBSD 4.10-YAHOO-20040606 #0: i386
Build Date May 26 2004 16:25:24
Configure Command './configure' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/lib/php' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-exif' '--with-curl' '--with-dom' '--with-dom-xslt' '--with-gdbm' '--with-iconv' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir' '--with-png-dir' '--with-tiff-dir' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-zlib-dir' '--with-ttf' '--with-freetype-dir' '--with-t1lib' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--with-mime-magic' '--with-ming' '--with-openssl' '--with-pspell' '--with-regex' '--enable-wddx' '--with-xmlrpc' '--enable-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot' '--with-zip' '--disable-posix'
Server API CGI
Virtual Directory Support disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/lib/php/php.ini
PHP API 20020918
PHP Extension 20020429
Zend Extension 20021010
Debug Build no
Thread Safety disabled
Registered PHP Streams php, http, ftp, https, ftps, compress.zlib