PDA

View Full Version : Home, auto and products

Denver Dave
01-06-2003, 09:15 PM
It seems like on Jon's web site that there was a move to make the 3.01 version of openrealty be more general and handle other products such as Auto Classifieds. I'm not sure if this is the best tool to handle automobiles, but how do other's feel about this?

I have been studying OsCommerce and appreciated that the open-realty thumbnails are really thumbnails as opposed to OsCommerce where they are just the same large images with the dimensions changed. One of our "small" thumbnails was 100k with OsCommerce. Started me thinking about generalized uses for OsCommerce.

Anonymous
01-06-2003, 09:59 PM
Hey Greengiant,

What's going to happen with openauto?

greengiant
01-07-2003, 08:51 PM
Hi,

I have not looked at Open Auto, so i can't really awnser this.. I started workin on open-realty because I had a need for an open source program for a real estate website i was redesigning, and i decided that seem it wasn't being maintained i would fork it at try to improve the script.. I currently am working on open-realty 2.0 in every spare minute i can find, so untill that is done i really won't have a chance to look at open-auto. After 2.0 is out, I will take a look at open-auto and consider forking that and maintaing it as well.. The key word in that last sentence was consider. :)

Thanks

Anonymous
01-13-2003, 04:45 PM
Are you adding the classifieds capabilities to version 2.0?

I'm looking to start a local real estate classifieds site with payment gateway (paypal, at least to start).

Also, is it fairly easy to add searchable fields?

I just found Open-Realty and it looks like a great product, keep up the work.

Hi,

I have not looked at Open Auto, so i can't really awnser this.. I started workin on open-realty because I had a need for an open source program for a real estate website i was redesigning, and i decided that seem it wasn't being maintained i would fork it at try to improve the script.. I currently am working on open-realty 2.0 in every spare minute i can find, so untill that is done i really won't have a chance to look at open-auto. After 2.0 is out, I will take a look at open-auto and consider forking that and maintaing it as well.. The key word in that last sentence was consider. :)

Thanks

greengiant
01-13-2003, 08:15 PM
The searchalbe fileds are very easy to setup when you add a new filed you are asked if it is searchable and how to search it. (eg. min/max, multi select, etc.)

As far as teh classified feature, what exactly do you mean? Give me an example and i will take a look at it.

Ryan

Anonymous
01-22-2003, 12:50 AM
This is what open-realty can do for auto dealers.

I welcome sugestions...
please go here http://www.carsareus.com

Anonymous
09-11-2003, 01:58 AM
hi

Have a look what i have done

http://www.open-realty.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1216

regards

albert
london
UK