PDA

View Full Version : problems with 2.04 upgrade - image errors

juniper
06-23-2005, 12:55 AM
I just upgraded from OR 2.02 to 2.04, and am trying to eliminate errors on the pages, mostly like these:

Warning: getimagesize(): Unable to access /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/open-realty204/images/listing_photos/thumb_8_websitestein.jpg in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/open-realty204/include/search.inc.php on line 690

I had modified quite a few files in 2.02, and wasn't sure if I should upload those files into the 2.04 version, or what?? Do I have to start all over with modifications?

It's a test site, but was running smoothly so far in 2.02

http://209.210.236.121/~generalland.com/open-realty204/index.php?action=searchresults

Mick
06-23-2005, 01:03 AM
OR isn't finding the images for those listings... A few things to check...

First, check to see if those pictures even exist if you look at the folders though FTP.. if they are there then check your permissions on your images and the folders and make sure they are 777.

If the images are not there then you have either deleted them accidently with your FTP software or when you uploaded the new OR 2.0.4 you overwrote teh folders completely and it erased the uploaded images. In this case you will either need to delete the uploaded images for each affected listing, or delete the listing all together adn then reenter and reupload the images, or you can start over with a clean install and re-add your listings and upload the photos or you can recreate the images from your original images and upload them with the proper filenames for each listing.

juniper
06-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Thanks. I get what happened now, but what about all the other files I modified on 2.02? By upgrading to 2.04 are there certain modified files that I shouldn't copy over from 2.02? Or do I have to make my modifications all over again on the 2.04 versions of these files?

Thanks again for your reply.

Mick
06-23-2005, 10:37 PM
anytime you modify the core files to Open-Realty and there is an upgrade.. you will have to expect to reapply all your changes again. This is why the addon system should be used as much as possible for any changes you want to make. For example, instead of modifying the hard coded layout of featured listings, create an addon with the layout you are looking for and utilize the addon's function in place of the default featured listings layout. Otherwise, anytime the images.inc.php file is modified you will have to reapply your changes, using an addon you should never have to redo your changes.

Now, with an upgrade, you only need to overwrite the files that have changed from the last version, you can look at the SVN commit comments for all the changes and to figure out what's been changed since the previous version.

Mick

juniper
06-24-2005, 11:48 PM
Thanks Mick. So if I modify vertical.php, I just upload my modified version into the addons dir and the program automatically reads that instead of the vertical.php file in the templates folder? Or do I need to create directories in addons; like addons/template/vertical_menu/ ? As you can see, I don't have much experience with this type of program...thanks for your patience and help.