PDA

View Full Version : First crack at OR2

lyynx
06-24-2005, 01:53 PM
This site originally used OpenAuto by Jon, but I figured it was time to get with the program and upgrade. It's a work in progress, but I haven't run into any problems since installing 3 days ago. Comments & Suggestions welcome.

http://www.lotbot.com/

pbflash
06-24-2005, 02:12 PM
Looks very nice. Did you upgrade your old DB or start from scratch? I updated a site from from OpenListings to 2.0 without a problem. There's an upgrade script in 1.15 to upgrade the db to 1.15 and then I just ran the 2.0 install and selected the option to upgrade from 1.15.

lyynx
06-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Thank you for the compliment. Actually I couldn't upgrade it. The former version was Jon Roigs OpenAutoClassifieds 1.0.

across
07-07-2005, 05:26 PM
That's a nice professional looking design. Cool how you turned this program into a Car Listing Tool. I have a Gremlin for sale, can I post it? :)

Es_PagAn
07-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Nice look :)

How did you manage to put a form in the first page? Is the code available?

tcvdveer
07-19-2005, 03:17 AM
Changing the turquoise on the white background and the link color on the darkblue background will increase readability. There are a lot of people who have a disability with viewing colors, they won't be able to read this texts.

For the rest, good job :cool:

lyynx
07-20-2005, 07:09 AM
How did you manage to put a form in the first page? Is the code available? Sure, just copy the actual source on the page. This is just a form I created and not a mod. You can follow the same methods to get the desired results. Just change the form field names to your liking so you can extract the desired info form your db.

lyynx
07-20-2005, 07:13 AM
Changing the turquoise on the white background and the link color on the darkblue background will increase readability. Actually, this was done on purpose. I really don't want anybody seeing it. It's so search engines find specific words on the page. If I make the text completely invisible (white), the search engines will penalyze me. However, if the text is a different color than the background and a readable font size, I'm safe. You'll see this method throughout the web. It's a quick way to get good search engine rankings. At some point I'll have to change it again so the engines think the content is fresh. Get's me top rankings all the time with many other sites.

lyynx
07-20-2005, 07:15 AM
I have a Gremlin for sale, can I post it? As long as it has four wheels and an engine, knock yourself out. Gremlin, lol :)